By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MEGATON! -- S-E SPECIAL PS3 Session with FF13 on 12th October!!

@shanbcn

TGS is all about Xmas08 sales, not 2009.

That is why MS won

Time to Work !

Around the Network

@libellule

I'll be very honest......WKC is there for XMAS 08 Japan sales...n trust me it will lead to a higher spike for PS3 than Last remnant for 360

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@libellule

I'll be very honest......WKC is there for XMAS 08 Japan sales...n trust me it will lead to a higher spike for PS3 than Last remnant for 360

Yeah, WKC will probably outsell all of the current and forthcoming JRPG's for the 360, including TLM and SO:TLH. (in Japan that is)

The real question is whether the bundle with FF7:AC Blu-Ray and the FFXIII demo will outsell them

darthdevidem01,

WKS is maybe a lot better than Last Remanant or SO4 (let's say ....)

BUT

At TGS you were able to play SO4 (and Last Remanant ?) but you were not able to play WKS !!!

THAT IS THE BIG ISSUE to me
because TGS is more about Japanese meeting their next console than Japanese waiting to see their 2009 games : MS/Sony conference dont matter so much at the end, but games matter.

we will see

Time to Work !

Stats87 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@libellule

Yeah, WKC will probably outsell all of the current and forthcoming JRPG's for the 360, including TLM and SO:TLH. (in Japan that is)

The real question is whether the bundle with FF7:AC Blu-Ray and the FFXIII demo will outsell them

i agree, +1 that.

Around the Network

Maybe it's just me, but Microsoft had the bigger announcements if your going from a pure software/hardware moving standpoint.

Halo 3 Recon will sell 5 million units if it's a boxed title
N3-2 will be a sequel to a rather decent selling game in Japan that moved hardware (although certainly not a big name or big deal).

Quantumn Theory has the potential to do well, but there's no solid info on it. Tecmo isn't known for TPS games, and due to that, it may not do too well on the East (could in the West).
Demon Soul, as much as people here want to give it fanfare *is* getting made by From Software - not a company that you'd really trust to have a major hardware-moving title. I really wouldn't expect DS to perform much better than the X360's Ninja Blade.

So bash as much as you want, but Halo 3 Recon is exactly like Nintendo announcing Wii Music - Sure, it's a crazy cash in, but it's still going to sell better than anything else.

Either way, it's good that Sony has a new JRPG coming. Hopefully From Software works on the game since it looks god-awful at this point. And X360 owners get a mediocre Japanese game (N3-2), but made by a very competent developer.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I will LOL if that crappy FF7 movie sells just thanks to the FF13 demo

then again I am importing it just for the FF13 demo....so i'm guilty too

darthdevidem01 said:
I will LOL if that crappy FF7 movie sells just thanks to the FF13 demo

then again I am importing it just for the FF13 demo....so i'm guilty too

If memory serves me correct, Tobal No. 1 sold pretty darn well thanks to the FFVII pack-in demo.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Does someone know when it will start that is if it starts.

"if it starts"

what do you mean by that? Its confirmed here on SCEJ's website's "programme of TGS"

http://www.jp.playstation.com/tgs2008/event/index.html

anyways

it begins at 6 O'clock in Japan....ends @ 6:45