By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dead Rising Wii is a terrible, terrible idea (Final Build)

Yes, the Dead Rising that we've seen before is the final build apparently, at least according to the rep from TGS. Kotaku has a story on it.

Link:  http://kotaku.com/5061464/dead-rising-wii-is-a-terrible-terrible-idea

Dead Rising Wii Is A Terrible, Terrible Idea

I just spent some time playing Dead Rising on the Wii. Waiting in line, I was treated to one of the game's new additions: a new movie (you know, like the one that played if you left the title screen inactive on the 360 version). It was a zombie hardcore band, rocking out in front of a zombie hardcore crowd, like a music video. It was funny, I enjoyed it. Then I went inside and started playing. Things went downhill from there.

I spoke with Dead Rising Wii producer Mino Nakai yesterday. Having read Amanda's less-than-glowing impressions of the game from last week, I asked whether the stuff told Capcom her - mainly that a new, improved build would be playable at TGS - checked out. Know what he said? He said no, aside from a few minor bug fixes, this was the same build, because the game was nearly done.

Oh boy.

This game is a complete waste of time.

The whole point of the first Dead Rising was that there was hundreds of zombies. Because they were slow, and stupid, and slow, it was the sheer weight of numbers that provided not only the challenge, but the enjoyment. Zombie survival fantasies don't involve evading/killing 2 zombies, they involve evading/killing thousands of them.

You know how many zombies I saw on-screen at one time? Six. Six zombies. And that's not in a room, or a store, that's across the massive concourse at the start of the game. Yet they still shamble. There's no urgency, there's no danger. There's no fun. To compensate, Capcom have added a few new enemies: killer poodles and killer parrots. They're vaguely ridiculous, and do very little to make up for the lack of more shambling corpses.

What's worse, the controls are woeful. To pick up a dropped item, you don't press a button. You press the Z button and the A button. They're on opposite sides of opposite controllers. It's stupid. The Wii Remote aiming controls are woefully twitchy. and to switch weapons you need to us the d-pad while aiming. Meaning you can't use the Wii Remote at that time, requiring you to aim with the nunchuk while reaching with your other hand. It's messy. It doesnt work.

Look, the game's not out yet. There's time to fix some of the more minor things (control setups, for example). And the graphics, in the game's defence, look pretty good, especially the cutscenes. But none of that matters when the Wii version is missing the only thing that made the 360 one worth playing.

That sucks. 

Around the Network

Sounds worryingly bad. Just give us a Resident Evil 4 sequel Capcom.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

The Wii is a good system.....but for this particular game, its hardware limitations show....bigtime!

This game never impressed me to begin with. I'll take out my zombie killing needs on Umbrella Chronicles.

Thats one of this issues is when they try to port a game from 360/PS3 to WII they sometimes change the gameplay so fundamentally to get it to work on the WII limited horsepower its not the same game

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Around the Network

This is what happens when they make a game with a team of 10 people and minimal budget, that's why this game sucks

We'll see when sales figures come in how "terrible" the idea was.

This is the reason why the great publishers will be destroyed by the Wii.

With the time Wii sales are increasing more and more and it winning more and more market, small companies are pulling their good games in Wii and they win will in the deal, large companies are releasing shit and they will lose.

The problem is the huge fascism of this companies that is nearly psychopath behaviour and they are giving the image that the people is stupid for buying the Wii instead of saying "Ok, we believe that we can make good games" and give it to us.

Still waiting to see... if the PS3/Xbox360 values can be accepted in the Wii's values. Any software that sells is good for us all but if this game is just out right poorly don't on a technichal side then it's nothing to hold my breath for I guess.

Still I wan't to see if the games of value to the Hd Twins install base works on the Wii.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

I figured this would happen. Porting a game like this to the Wii shows how limited the Wii is. Capcom should have just ported this gem to the PS3 and give the PS3 fans something to clamor about. PS3 fans have wanted this game a long time.

I knew from day one that this game was destined to be a failure on the Wii. The worst part is this game will probably sell well as most Wii owners will buy it.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus