By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wow, Perfect Dark has better AI than red steel

I just went back to play PD, and i realized it has much better AI than Red Steel. At least the AI in PD can punch and kick, and actually HIT you. In Red steel, all they do is stand around while you are pointing at their genitalia and shooting. 

Around the Network

Perfect Dark is the BEST FPS of all time. It's no surprise it can do a lot of things better than current gen FPS.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

What makes it the best? Don't people think goldeneye(which looks like crap) is the best?

Yeah, but all of them are wrong, Perfect Dark is better =)

Just kidding, many people say Goldeneye was better because it was revolutionary, while Perfect Dark was an improvement of Goldeneye. Still, in my opinion, Perfect Dark was a HUGE improvement of Goldeneye, adding tons of stuff not common even today, like the cooperative mode, counter operative, challenges, teams personalization (which was great for that time), secondary mode for weapons, and a great soundtrack.

Soma said:

Just kidding, many people say Goldeneye was better because it was revolutionary, while Perfect Dark was an improvement of Goldeneye. Still, in my opinion, Perfect Dark was a HUGE improvement of Goldeneye, adding tons of stuff not common even today, like the cooperative mode, counter operative, challenges, teams personalization (which was great for that time), secondary mode for weapons, and a great soundtrack.

Don't forget the Labtop gun.

Around the Network

One was rushed, the other was polished.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Kasz216 said:
Soma said:

Don't forget the Labtop gun.

One of the best weapons! I liked the Slayer too, when you controlled the missile in a FPS view. Amazing for that time! Or how about the XRay weapon, with automatic lock? Ahh great game, definitely.

@Soma
I think the FPS guided missile was done more than a year earlier by Unreal Tournament(called the Redeemer)

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

Oh I didn't knew that, but what about the Xray weapon or the Laptop Gun?

Taking nothing away from PD.
One of the best console shooters

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach