By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Need advice on Genesis games.

there is an awsome DnD RPG to on the genesis but I can't seem to remember the name... google time... Warriors of the Eternal Sun
I really loved that game... played it for years.

Around the Network

Very few people have heard of this game, and it might not suit you if you don't liek this type:

Alien Soldier

It was supposed to be like Contra and all, but developers scratched that. Now it's 25(+/- 2-4) levels which last about 1 minute each, but at the end of each is a boss. Sometimes there are just simply 2 bosses right after the next one. Each boss has beautiful animation and is created with great care, they simply look great. They look good, their are difficult yet manageable (you figure out how to handle them soonish, nothign frustrating). The bosses are very creative and what you can do is also a whole lot. You can walk on the cieling, hover mid air, instant teleport (and if at full health deal massive dmg to anyone in a line), change firing modes, and there are about 6 (could be 8) different guns (you can hold 4 at a time). It all sounds great and all, but some of those bosses are very challenging. My favorite game for the Genesis. If you play games just so you can get to the next boss and enjoy a satisfying, balanced battle then this is your game.

Edit: I just learned it's on the VC for the wii as well and I highly suggest everyone to get the game. I'm calling my brother to download it right now as I'm typing! There's also 25 levels and 31 bosses.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Given that I was a little boy and not a teenager full of testestorone when I had the Genesis I really liked Quackshot and "Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck: World of Illusion", two great platformers, still like them :)

ZOMG hasnt anyone mentioned the best genesis game!
road rash 2!!!
also tojam and earl is epic, and earthworm jim also used to be kool... y didnt use just download an emulator for you computer to play them?

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT

Sonic 1,2,3 and Knuckles are must haves
Shinobi 3: Return of the ninja master
Revenge of shinobi
Streets of rage 1-3 (Part 2 is the best side scrolling beat em up of all time)
Castle of illusion starring micky mouse
Road rash
Mortal kombat 1-3
Kid chameleon
Splatterhouse
Earthworm Jim

Loooks like everyonelse who has posted has mentioned the tip top games so i'll leave it there...............

Around the Network
exindguy said:

*Decap Attack

If you can find it I'd recommend the original non-butchered Japanese version: "Magical Flying Hat Turbo Adventure". Best non-Sonic platformer on the system IMO.

I don't think anyone has mentioned "Desert Strike" either. That was a great game at the time.

Even though it's already been mentioned, "Strider" is a must.

Loads of great Shmups too, Thunderforce was already mentioned (#VI comes out for PS2 end of this month, day 1 for me), but Hellfire was top quality too.

Check out the Mean Machines Archive for scans of reviews for some of these games and more by the best console mag ever!

Try checking out Yu Yu Hakusho by Treasure. I'm always reminded of it whenever I see Bleach now (also by Treasure).

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad.