By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonetta TGS08 trailer ... huh ... WTF ?????

Platinum Games? More like Naughty America.

Oops! Nothing to read here folks!

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Around the Network

I don't like her voice.

PS:  Kasz is right.

Kasz216 said:

What other games were really influenced by DMC though?

The following games are directly and heavily influenced by the original Devil May Cry:

Ninja Gaiden

God of War

Ninja Gaiden 2

DMC 2

DMC 3

DMC 4

Heavenly Sword

Bayonetta

God of War 2

Rygar

Shinobi

Castlevania: Lament of Innocence

Off the top of my head.

At the very least, DMC evolved the genre that you refer to as "hack and slash" but IGN refers to as "action," and games that came after it, used those evolutions in every aspect of gameplay to improve themselves. If you don't think those games are directly and largely influenced by DMC, then I think you and their developers would have a disagreement.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Words Of Wisdom said:

I don't like her voice.

PS:  Kasz is right.

So you agree with him that jrpgs aren't a subgenre, and really don't exist?

Also, you agree that opinions are provably wrong, if they aren't provably right?

Also, isn't that just your opinion as well. By his logic, you need a link to prove that opinion, or it's "wrong."

As far as DMC creating a sub-genre, right or wrong, there are many, many people who agree and disagree. Neither you, him, or me, or the entire population of VGChartz could prove or disprove anyones opinion, and since there are no official sub-genres, nor are there necessarily official genres(just accepted ones, used for classification purposes), that's all this can ever be. An opinion. Even if I'm the only one who holds it, it can't be right or wrong. The sky is blue, that's a fact. DMC invented a subgenre that several other hack and slash games fall into, and many others don't...well, that's an opinion.

Is he still right, or did you just not understand/read the entire conversation?

This is exactly why I didn't want to have this ignrorant debate Kaz! It's freakin' opinion. You just couldn't let it go. I'm not a DMC fanboy. However, its influence on the hack and slash genre was, I thought, undeniable. You've found a way to deny it. Thanks.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.