By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Ughh, getting laid off sucks.

So my boss came in just now letting me know that the project is ending and I won't be needed after today (I'm a game tester by the way).  This sucks because it always seems like I'm out of the job for months.  I'm just hoping one of my friends will get me a job over at Sega with minimal unemployment time in between.  Luckily, my current emplyer has promised me a lead position upon the start of their next project.  But that doesn't start until January.  Anybody know of any tester positions open in the SF Bay Area.

Will test for food.

Around the Network

Silicon valley, That's an easy commute from San Francisco isn't it? Surely a games developer must be looking for work there. Or perhaps if bug testing is your thing you could hook up with a software developer for a while.

highwaystar101 said:
Silicon valley, That's an easy commute from San Francisco isn't it? Surely a games developer must be looking for work there. Or perhaps if bug testing is your thing you could hook up with a software developer for a while.

Haha, Silicon Valley is about 80 miles away.  I'm scouring craigslist and calling in favors to see if I can't land another job quickly here in SF.