By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Avatars REQUIRED.

Griffin said:
I just checked 6 major retailers and all Arcades come with 256mb.

That's what I thought, because I still have the card from my Core I got launch day, and I didnt think the cards are any bigger than before.  Oh well....back on topic.....

Around the Network
goddog said:
that would piss me off, i dont want to change from my current pic, and what if i want to use myself for the avatar huh? i still hope i get to go back and keep the old stuff

you can still keep your gamerpic.  and you should be able to put a picture of yourself on your avatars shirt

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Griffin said:
I just checked 6 major retailers and all Arcades come with 256mb.

....Nazna is going to like this..You mean he can't save his games then?

does anyone have a source for this about the space requirement?

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

^Not if avatars take up the entire memory card given with the arcade model.

No game saves for Nazna.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:

: Some clarification. The release mentions that (at minimum) a 256MB memory card is required for the NXE and Avatar customization, BUT doesn't say how many MBs out of the 256MBs are needed for the update itself. Technically, the update could use up only 150MBs leaving 256MB memory card owners with some extra storage. What's guaranteed is that 64MB card owners or those who have no storage medium are out of NXE and Avatar luck.

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/10/09/avatar-customization-requires-256mb-storage/

they should just call the arcade version an offline console unless people really like buying the hdd seperately to get full benifit from online xbl. i guess it really comes down to the buyer and if hes smart he will research into stuff like this instead of getting home then realising after an update that he is out of space or close to it. Im glad i got the 60gb version though

Owner of PS3, Wii, Xbox360, NDS, PSP - Feel Free to add me on PSN or XBL :)

will be gratis?:P

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

konnichiwa said:
MrBubbles said:

: Some clarification. The release mentions that (at minimum) a 256MB memory card is required for the NXE and Avatar customization, BUT doesn't say how many MBs out of the 256MBs are needed for the update itself. Technically, the update could use up only 150MBs leaving 256MB memory card owners with some extra storage. What's guaranteed is that 64MB card owners or those who have no storage medium are out of NXE and Avatar luck.

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/10/09/avatar-customization-requires-256mb-storage/

Thank You.

this doesnt sound at all like it would take up the whole 256mb.  just that the card is required because you will need to save information.  so some people are overreacting here....

@Kirby the update? Yes it will be gratis =p.

By the way I never knew there were 64 mb memorycards.