By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - My worst Xbox 360 week yet.

Buy a dvd player. I wouldn't use the 360 as your primary dvd player. Use your 360 just for gaming. It would be nice to diversify with a PS3, but if that is going to get you into trouble with the wife you should probably buy the arcade.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network

Get the PS3 you won't regret it

Well, happen to me last week. My kid 360 died from fail video output before. My 360 died last week after I was laughing and making fun of son. (Instant Karma for you there).

I have been going through the backlog on my PS3 and DS. And finishing up Titan Quest on PC.

Yes it's suck to not have 360. ...

That sucks get a ps3.

It honestly shouldn't take more than 2 weeks to get a replacement. They are pretty fast and efficient/

Tease.

Around the Network

Wow, thats some hard luck.  I can't believe you're actually considering buying another one, thats some dedication.  If you're concerned about money, why not just wait the 2 weeks for replacement ?  Or you will have 3 of the same console... seems like a waste of money, and may be hard to hide from the wife once you get the other two back. 

You could always buy one, play on it for a couple weeks until your other 2 get back, then return the new one... assuming they give full refunds anwyays. 

If you want Blu-Ray then a PS3 is probably a good bet, particularly if interested in any of the games on it.  Although I think you can get a stand-alone player for about the same price as 360. 

Good luck with whatever you decide

If I was looking to try save a little with this messed up economy right now. I would just wait until it's back from repairs. Is it not that long, just use a little patience.

I would not think about getting a PS3 you very well may be disappointed. I have one, and for me it collects slightly less dust than the Wii. Plus you would end up having to re-buy all those games. The wife will not be thrilled. You could always spent the same amounts on her though. Spend almost 450 for new PS3 and games. Spend the same on her. It will keep you out of the dog house, but it will end up costing you $900.

Consoles: Atari 5200, NES, SNES, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3

Squilliam said:
It honestly shouldn't take more than 2 weeks to get a replacement. They are pretty fast and efficient/

This.  Mine came back within 2 weeks.

I decided to wait.
I thought it'll take 5 weeks because that's how long it took last time.

the difference this time is that Microsoft is not sending me the box to ship the consoles.
i have to do that myself! Kinda sucks!

Just printed the return label and shipped it. Once they get them, it'll take 2 to 3 weeks they said.

I wasn't thinking right earlier.
I was so upset. some people eat when they are upset, I like to go buy electronics.

I almost bought a PS3, Arcade, and/or a laptop today.

I saved about $500 today. What should I do with that money?