By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FIFA 09 smashes past 1m sales in Europe

FIFA 09 smashes past 1m sales in Europe

Milestone reached after less than a week on the market

After a record-breaking first weekend in the UK, EA has confirmed that FIFA 09 has hit 1.2 million sales in Europe after less than a week on sale.

The achievement makes it the fastest start in the history of the award winning franchise.

MCV

Around the Network

Interesting. Last year PES did (adding the sales of this site for PS2, PS3 and 360) 1.1 million first week, so this time if it improves a bit it will outsell FIFA again. Even then, it's an impressive figure for FIFA

Well, this year, I fear (for PES) that a lot of people have switched to FIFA considering some reviews.

I expect FIFA > PES in europe

Time to Work !

i played fifa 09 on ps3 last night and the PES demo, i have to say fifa was much better game, this is coming from huge PES fan

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

still prefer PES.

Around the Network

Fifa is a better game this year...

Well done Fifa.

Again Konami don't manage to release their Wii version together with the other ones, so it's Fifa this time for me.

Will be my first Fifa game on consoles in years and I got a feeling that Fifa will sell better than PES this time, but in fact it doesn't really matter who wins: If the sales are similar to last year, Fifa and PES will each sell between 8 and 10 mill on all platforms combined.

Nearly 20 mill Fifa/PES games sold each year - incredible sales.

PES is on a downward spiral. Mind you, FIFA still has a long way to go but at this point it feels shameful to put down 60€ for a game with such a small effort behind as PES.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Im torn. PES is in my blood, but the new fifa is impressive....

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot