By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter 3 TGS 08 Trailer

Looks fantastic

Around the Network

Looks like fun! :D

Nobody answered me ;/

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

u have to kill dinosours. and repeat.

What Gloryglory just said pretty much summed how the game works and from that alone (even to a Monster Hunter fan like me) sounds boring, but it's how you kill the monsters by how much of the monsters movements you pay attention too. The more you skillful you are and of course prepared the better you will kill the monster. From the Monster Hunter games I've played so far, the only thing that could kind of count as leveling up is the armor. But in general there are no levels like experience points. However, the experience of the player on the other hand is where the game lies as long as you pay attention to the way a monster moves. No HP except for the actual hunter; you have to pay attention to how tired a monster is by how much slower if moves sometimes (or especially if it starts limping). It doesn't matter what kind of fanboy anybody is, it is a must have to at least try some of the psp games. Once you get past that 1 or 2 hour learning curve the game will start getting addicting and then when you play it more you will then understand why the game sells so many units in Japan. I warn those who are interested, this game will suck up your life, but don't most video games do that anyway? lol

Waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting patiently for MH3 : p

Around the Network

Looks cool, but my OCD won't let me jump into a series with the third iteration. :(

Thus far I've only managed to do this with FFX and FFXII, and that's only because I know that each FF is entirely unrelated to the others. And even then it still annoys me seeing them on my shelf. :(

@makingmusic

So the history of all the MH is related?

EDIT: Thanks, GLoRySoGLoRy and chimuusagi.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Falcon095 said:

@makingmusic

So the history of all the MH is related?

EDIT: Thanks, GLoRySoGLoRy and chimuusagi.

I have no idea, tbh.

@makingmusic476 and Falcon

Monster Hunter in general doesn't have an actual story line like what traditional rpgs are expected to have yet in it's own way it is still an rpg. You can always make up your own story lol. But sometimes having no story can be more immersive than having an actual storyline because with a traditional rpg it's usually about someone else but in Monster Hunter (even though you can make a character that is not your actual self) you are basically the one in that world. For anyone who know's what a Kut-ku is, if you are really immersed into the game and you hear a crow outside or some kind of bird I promise you that you'll turn your head thinking that it's a kut-ku. Well...maybe that's just me but that game ironically even on the psp enhances your real life senses in a way (in terms of hearing) so you get to feel what it's like to be a hunter and why it is fun. In all honesty I hate hunting animals in real life but the games are so much fun that it takes my  guilt away lol.

Waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting patiently for MH3 : p

GT are demoing the game. Here's part one.

Part two: