By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Ninety Nine Nights Coming! (360 exclusive)

bobobologna said:
disolitude said:
reviews were uquite bad for the first one so i never got it...is it like...worth playing...or is it like dynasty wariors? (bland)

Very much like Dynasty Warriors.  My friend liked it, but he basically likes anything that says XBox 360 on the top.  I found it very bland.  I'm not a big fan of Dynasty Warriors either.  I did think that it was better than Dynasty Warriors, but that's not saying much.

Thanks...  Id get it cause its pretty cheap, ive seen it for 7 bucks used. But irs not like i have a shortage of things to play...Silent hill, farcry 2, fable 2, Fallout 2 gonna be in rotation with usual halo 3, xbox live arcade and rockband 2 for the next month or 2...and then even better games come out.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
bobobologna said:
disolitude said:
reviews were uquite bad for the first one so i never got it...is it like...worth playing...or is it like dynasty wariors? (bland)

Very much like Dynasty Warriors. My friend liked it, but he basically likes anything that says XBox 360 on the top. I found it very bland. I'm not a big fan of Dynasty Warriors either. I did think that it was better than Dynasty Warriors, but that's not saying much.

Thanks... Id get it cause its pretty cheap, ive seen it for 7 bucks used. But irs not like i have a shortage of things to play...Silent hill, farcry 2, fable 2, Fallout 2 gonna be in rotation with usual halo 3, xbox live arcade and rockband 2 for the next month or 2...and then even better games come out.

I recommend trying the demo.  Honestly, I think the demo of NNN is "enough" to get ones fill of the game. It's a fairly meaty demo that I played through several times. It's fun, but I couldn't imagine paying $60 for the full version. $7 might be worth it, but again, I'd only get it if you are absolutely bored, have played the demo to death, and NEED a fix of a mindless hack and slash. And with the holiday rush nearly upon us, I can't imagine that ever happening.

I found the demo of the first one quite fun--zillions of enemies onscreen, you with a giant weapon comboing their asses. Good game for the Japanese market, definitely.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

N3 sucked pretty bad.

It was Phantagram's first game since Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes. Maybe the bar was set just too high...I don't know.

HOWEVER: The fact is, that Feel Plus is making it, not Phantagram or a lesser developer. Feel Plus is the same team that gave us Lost Odyssey (with Mistwalker), and is staffed by a ton of Square Enix veterans, which is VERY good news.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

it has a better story... basically that's it

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
N3 sucked pretty bad.

It was Phantagram's first game since Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes. Maybe the bar was set just too high...I don't know.

HOWEVER: The fact is, that Feel Plus is making it, not Phantagram or a lesser developer. Feel Plus is the same team that gave us Lost Odyssey (with Mistwalker), and is staffed by a ton of Square Enix veterans, which is VERY good news.

oh really?  should we be expecting a different sort of game then?   cause i wanted a hack and slash

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

The first one disappointed me. But I am more than willing to give a second one a chance.

mrstickball said:
N3 sucked pretty bad.

Feel Plus includes old SE members?  I knew they staffed with guys that worked on the Legend of Dragoon, but didn't know that.

MrBubbles said:
mrstickball said:
N3 sucked pretty bad.

oh really?  should we be expecting a different sort of game then?   cause i wanted a hack and slash

I wouldn't expect anything too different. Feel Plus mostly just develops games.  They usually let someone else actually design them (like Mistwalker).

Of course, this could be a different situation.

makingmusic476 said:
MrBubbles said:
mrstickball said:
N3 sucked pretty bad.

I wouldn't expect anything too different. Feel Plus mostly just develops games.  They usually let someone else actually design them (like Mistwalker).

Of course, this could be a different situation.

Feel Plus has had a hand in the following games:

• Lost Odyssey
  • Blue Dragon Plus
  • Infinite Undiscovery (Visual Production)
  • Yoshi's Island

They have around 100 employees for the company, which is pretty large. Quite a few members of Feel Plus had major involvement in the Shadow Hearts series (all 3 games) as well as Koudelka since many of the FP staffers came from Sacnoth and Nautilus (note the reference to said developer in Lost Odyssey - it's the name of the ship you use).

I am sure that N32 will be Hack & Slash, but since FP's bread & butter are RPGs, I wouldn't be suprised if they added strong JRPG elements...Which is what N3 needed, as well as better gameplay.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.