By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu 2007-07-09/ 2007-07-15

DS+Wii: 241K (78%)
PSP+PS2+PS3+360: 68K (22%)

Essentially that factors in all Japanese hardware sales with GC and GBA being negligible. This Nintendo domination just keeps getting stronger and stronger.

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
wow that DS game sounds fun, My Budget Diary, im sorry but why do games like this sell......

cause not all are nerds like us =)

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

ssj12 said:
wow that DS game sounds fun, My Budget Diary, im sorry but why do games like this sell......

How dare people buy something that might actually be useful or educational!

I knew PS3 would keep growing its numbers .Its not a matter of software releases .Or well ,it is ...but not to a degree when X game released drives hardware .PS3 has released 4-5 good games recently (Ninja Gaiden Sigma ,Rainbow Six Vegas ,Folklore ,My Summer Holidays 3 ,Call of Duty 3 ) of wich 3 are japanese-oriented and the sales start to respond even if there isnt any more games one week .Plus ,Wangan Midnight and Hot Shots Golf are a mere week away ....

And ,for the ones trying to mock me ......its true 1K or 2K or 3k isnt very relevant ,but if that makes a difference in 30% or 40% it is .

Around the Network

The problem, diomedes, is that when the numbers are as small as the numbers we are talking about relative to other numbers in the reference frame, the amount of data that needs to be taken to get a representative sample of the smaller number is much greater than the amount of data it takes to get a representative sample of the larger number.

Think of it in terms of medical statistics. By taking a sample of ~100 people (chosen randomly, of course), you could probably get a decentish percentage of people who have broken their leg.

That same 100 person sample, on the other hand, is *not* going to be anywhere near accurate for people with facial ectodermal dysplasia. (I don't know what this is, but i got it from a google search for 'rare diseases'.

So while you *think* that 100 is relevant when its a 30-40% difference, the added difficulty getting a more representative sample for a rarer 'condition' means that generally, when dealing with those small numbers, you are *going* to have a large standard error. It's just not worth it to get the percent error down, in most cases.

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

Diomedes, did you notice that EVERY console had a similar rise in sales? I realize that Wii was driven by DQS, but DS, PS2, 360, and PSP had sales rise without any kind of major software. There was a national holiday, and many people were staying indoors because of the typhoons.

We could say that Wii had an increase of 28%, but PS3 had an increase of 21%, however that is totally misleading. Wii had an increase of 30k while PS3 had only 3k.
It may sound impressive that 360 had a hardware increase of 20%, but 700 consoles means absolutely nothing in the big picture.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Neos said:
ssj12 said:

Cause a DS diary is very far from nerdy...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Its official, diary are starting to be replaced by DS. School textbooks are next.

ckmlb said:
Neos said:
ssj12 said:

Cause a DS diary is very far from nerdy...

Cause u don't recognize Sarcasm... Cause he ment we 'the nerds according to SSJ12' don't buy those games but casuals do...! 

THE NETHERLANDS