By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Report: Manufacting contract awarded for external 360 Blu-ray drive

oshiba-Samsung Storage Technology Corp, a joint venture between Samsung and Toshiba, has been contracted to manufacture external Blu-ray drives for Xbox 360.

the price is not certian yet but it will be around 150.00

P.S.this will be only for playing blu ray movies

http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/10/08/report-manufacting-contract-awarded-for-external-360-blu-ray-drive/

Around the Network

meh...I wouldn't be surprised if this were true but nevertheless it doesn't concern too many gamers.

A blu-ray player? Great now can I watch the dark knight in HD!!!!

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

So that would bring the price of the 360 back up to the price of the PS3 again..

Meh =/

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

If it was $100 I think I would pick it up ... anything more than that and I would pass on it though

a bluray addon will sell very well.

bluray is better than any other format on the market 2day.

i dont buy any more dvd`s as they are garbage

360 owners should be happy that a possible bluray player mabey will come out, as they will be able to enjoy the best high def movie experiance.

i have a hddvd addon for 360, and i always watch a moview on it, dvd`s are crap in comparison

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

@loy , external as in not part of the XBOX 360 but an add on which would likely be connected by cable.

Smart move by MS, giving customers the option to adopt blu-ray if they choose . Sony will be one of the major beneficiaries of this move .

not going to happen, there is a price threshold that manufacturers of BR drives cannot cross.

will this be the big ms tgs announcement?