By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - My console collection is complete.

You don't get 1 month free gold with the arcade. You get 1 month free of netflix when that launches, but you have to buy the gold account.

Around the Network

where is your DS ANd PSP?! )=

naznatips said:

You guys are suggesting a lot more XBLA games than are going to fit on that 256mb memory card. Guess I should look for a hard drive pretty soon.

Thanks though.  Honestly you guys have been a huge help, and suggested a lot of stuff I hadn't thought of.

eBay it, dude. A 20GB is $60 used at Gamestop, but less than $40 on eBay. After shipping.

SW-5120-1900-6153

forgot.

Naz, welcome to the world where you wallet hurts.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

naznatips said:
You don't get 1 month free gold with the arcade. You get 1 month free of netflix when that launches, but you have to buy the gold account.

I wouldn't be 100% sure on that.  I had an original 360 Pro w/o HDMI that I bought in early 07.  I sold that machine and bought an arcade Falcon unit last X-mas.  When I created a new gamertag on that unit it gave me a free month of live.  Maybe that's changed but I don't know how Microsoft can tell the difference between models.  The only thing seperating them is a hard drive.

Again I might be wrong or they changed it but this is just my experience so YMMV

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection
Around the Network

3 consoles is really hardcore. I have only one nex-gen console and can't even play all the games I want to play on it because of time and my penchant for really delving into online play. I really don't know how you guys do it.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

jasonnc80 said:
naznatips said:

I wouldn't be 100% sure on that. I had an original 360 Pro w/o HDMI that I bought in early 07. I sold that machine and bought an arcade Falcon unit last X-mas. When I created a new gamertag on that unit it gave me a free month of live. Maybe that's changed but I don't know how Microsoft can tell the difference between models. The only thing seperating them is a hard drive.

Again I might be wrong or they changed it but this is just my experience so YMMV

I think it's when you sign up for a new account, they offer you 1 month of Gold for free.

^^^ That's what I always thought too, I didn't think there was any stipulation for the type of system you had but I don't know 100%

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

That's also how the system of getting more months of free trial works. Creating a new account I believe.

flames_of - "I think you're confusing Bush with Chuck Norris."

Wii: 80-85 Million end of 2009 (1.1.09)

I only have a Wii, but my TV is way bigger, and I've written haiku on top of Mt. Fuji and I've written/directed/produced/edited a film inspired by the greatest video game of all time.

I think I'm winning.