By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 1 star's difficulty in SMG is completely unbalanced with rest of game.

You have infinitely more patience than I do. After I unlocked enough stars to defeat Bowser that was the end for me. I got about 10 more stars after I finished the game but just didn't have the patience to tackle any stars which I would have to play more than once to finish (which meant basically all the stars I had left). I know it meant I missed out on a huge chunk of the game but I think if I ever go back to the game I would probably prefer to start again than try and get the remaining 40 or so stars I haven't collected.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network

Stars that everyone else found hard that I beat in 2 or 3 lives:

- Bouldergeist Daredevil
- Dreadnought Purple Coins
- Luigi's Purple Coins
- Melty Molten Daredevil

Stars that nobody mentions that I am completely stuck on:

- Freezeflame purple coins: I get 98 and then miss the long jump. It takes 20 minutes to get 98 and then I DIE. Then I have to redo all 98 to die again. How do I do the jump?

- Ghost ship daredevil: Always die after the boss moves to top deck.

Worst level ever... I managed to beat it once I figured out you could jump into a cluster of coins and then spin or whatever to make you change direction better.

Soleron said:

- Bouldergeist Daredevil
- Luigi's Purple Coins
- Melty Molten Daredevil

- Freezeflame purple coins: I get 98 and then miss the long jump. It takes 20 minutes to get 98 and then I DIE. Then I have to redo all 98 to die again. How do I do the jump?

Freezeflame == All you have to do is jump straight out and land correctly. Run and jump by pressing the super jump button, Z I think when you jump. Then it should position you looking straight down and just be carefull on aligning yourself. Remember that if you shake the wiimote you can get and extra lift for reallignment. If you want an example, watch a few youtube videos I'm sure there are some.

Ghost ship daredevil == This was hard. It took me a couple of tries. Just remember that you can catch and shoot the green shells midflight all at the same time. Try to align yourself directly looking at the boss so you can catch and throw all in one motion. Also, killing off the little ones immediately is a very good choice.

Soleron said:

- Bouldergeist Daredevil
- Luigi's Purple Coins
- Melty Molten Daredevil

The Ghost ship daredevil gave me a hard time too but it's just a matter of being very careful and knowing how to avoid being hit (not very helpful tips I know!).

I don't remember any star taking 20 minutes, is it the one where you have to go the top of a mountain?

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
Soleron said:

- Bouldergeist Daredevil
- Luigi's Purple Coins
- Melty Molten Daredevil

This.Finally someone notices that star is hard I thought it was easy at first but failling time after time I realise it was hard :P

TruckOSaurus said:
Soleron said:

The Ghost ship daredevil gave me a hard time too but it's just a matter of being very careful and knowing how to avoid being hit (not very helpful tips I know!).

I don't remember any star taking 20 minutes, is it the one where you have to go the top of a mountain?

Yes. It's probably not 20 minutes, but it's so easy to fall off that you have to ascend very slowly. It's very easy to miss one even if you know where they all are. I just need to know how to do the long jump at the end - short, long, left, right? I don't want to collect 98 coins per time just to do it by trial and error.

holy shit, its luigi. Was it always luigi coz i looked at it and always assumed it was a giant 8 bit mario

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

@Megaman... it's Mario on the other side, the 8-bit Mario and Luigi were identical apart from the colour.

@topic... there were 2-3 other purple coin stars I found harder than this one, but Luigi's is perhaps the most epic.

I am going to draw out the route I take on that picture.... but my basic principle was to get as far away from the beginning as possible while touching very few platforms, then slowly come back.

Edit: Finally... this site dies above 5000 users it seems, I somehow managed to post this (double post, this was the same as above) when there were 6000 but from then on I couldn't get past the homepage.