By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 1 star's difficulty in SMG is completely unbalanced with rest of game.

What I did was take the few coins on the left foot then long jump between the two yellow "buttons" (you have to spin at the end of your jump to make it across) then to the right foot. After that, I go for the 1 up and make my way back through his face and finish at his left hand long jumping back to the starting platform.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Oooo, truckosaurus, that's an awesome pic! I wish I had that when I was trying to do it.

Doug, what truckosaurus said is the same path that the speed run on youtube did, and it's the same path I did. That seems to work best.

if you want to skip this level, go to the purple star thing near where rosalina is, and give him some star bits.. he'll move the comets around for you so you can play other levels

on a side note.. do you think they picked the colour green for disappearing platforms and yellow for rotating platforms because of this level? :P it just works so perfectly

It's quite easy actually. I made it on my first try, and I found it far, far easier than fighting that stone guy with only 1 hp.

A few hints

- Touch as few green ones (the dissapearing ones) as possible.
- Don't worry about time - you have plenty.
- If you have a problem with jumping out to take the coins, and spinning in, skip it. There are enough coins that are easy to get, and these will just annoy you.
- Make a strategy for the coins where you have to do a long jump. If you do this good, you can get 50 coins in that area.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

You came to the right place :) I beat that thing twice once with mario and another one with luigi is not hard at all compare to Dreadnought Galaxy: Battlestation's Purple Coins.This is basicly what I did to beat it:

Around the Network

Just keep heading in straight lines was what I did, and it worked perfectly.

(and I agree: this level is not in balance with the other levels. This one was at the difficulty level I would've loved the entire game to have been.)

ctk495 said:

You came to the right place :) I beat that thing twice once with mario and another one with luigi is not hard at all compare to Dreadnought Galaxy: Battlestation's Purple Coins.This is basicly what I did to beat it:

No offense, but this is a perfect example of what not to do. Here you take all the difficult coins, and he is close do dying at least 5 or 6 times. If you try doing as him, you'll be changeless.

Find out which coins are too difficult, and skip them. Remember: you only need 2/3 coins.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

I did little running and just tried to jump as much as possible, but wherever possible jump to blocks that are DIAGONAL from you so that you can always retrace if you need to.

Even if you aren't always going forward, jumping makes you much less likely to fall off the yellow platforms. As someone else said, the long jump is very useful here too and after a few tries to figure a path that works for you i'm sure you'll be fine.

I simply worked basically clockwise around Mario from the foot, around to the head, out from under the peak of his cap onto the hand and then down to the moustache, to the right foot and then back to the left, leaving most of the very central coins alone.

That fucking jackass showoff in the video just had to go and get all 150 didn't he?

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Ahh, that level :P

A few tips

1) You can pay a tiny fee of star bits to move the prankster comet - so you can leave this till last

2) If you want, a second player can help you very much, they can hold the green platforms, to prevent them from disappearing while they hold them

3) Yes, it is one of the harder stars to get (the 100 purple coin challenge in dreadnought galaxy (the one where you are on the floating platform and have to dodge the electricity and cannons being fired at you) is harder)

4) Keep trying, I despaired for ages, then got it all of a sudden

5) Thanks for the map truckosaurus, my approximate route is shown using my mad skillz at image editing :P That route should get you 115 coins, so if you miss a couple dont sweat it. Or if you're running out of time cut out a section such as the arm with the 1up on it