By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 1 star's difficulty in SMG is completely unbalanced with rest of game.

I think I'm gonna have a fucking stroke.  I have 117 stars and have found some stars challenging up to this point, but none I would consider to be too hard or frustrating.  Now I'm at Luigi's Purple Coin challenge in Toy Time Galaxy.  IMO, the difficulty of this particular portion of the game is completely disproportionate to the difficulty in the rest of the game.  I know exactly what I'm supposed to do, but I've played this countless times and just can't do it.  I obviously need to chart myself a path that will allow me to come back to the start where I'm sure the star will appear.  This challenge is the only 1 the game is offering me right now so it's not like I can do the other 2 I need and save this for last.

Tips?  Advice?  Know a good therapist?

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Around the Network

Ah, I remember that level--I did my best to keep walking in a straight line, and then jump on a platform beside me when that wasn't an option. If you run out of space, do a running long jump--the distance combined with the rotating gravity will usually help you find another platform.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

tbh i didnt find it that hard, just use a system, and make a path that means you can continually run and get coins and not be covering space you already have. i got it 2nd or 3rd go i think :/

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

I would give up on the game if I got stuck like this. I have never played the game so I can not offer you any advice.

@ thekitchensink: I think you're thinking of the wrong level. I'm speaking of the 8-bit looking Luigi with the rotating yellow squares and the disappearing green checkered squares. I have to get 100 purple coins (out of the 150 that are there). There's no rotating gravity.

Around the Network
Supernova82 said:
I would give up on the game if I got stuck like this. I have never played the game so I can not offer you any advice.

You're supposed to beat the game, not let the game beat you.

Check out the VGC Crunch this Podcast and Blog at www.tsnetcast.com

I don't remember a Luigi one--only Mario. Are you playing as Luigi? Anyway, the same rule applies roughly. Straight line as much as possible, jump to the next one over when you have to, and the long jump is your friend

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
senseinobaka said:
Supernova82 said:

You're supposed to beat the game, not let the game beat you.

Well....it's beating me like an Iraqi prisoner right now.

This probably doesn't help, but I never found that Star particulary harder then the other Purple Coin Stars.

Anyways, remember that's there's 150 Purple Coins, so you don't need all of them. Keep moving forward, don't waste time back tracking for one of two coins you missed. Try and make a huge circle that ends back at where you started. (and where the star appears) And if you've gotten a second player, they can use a second Wii Remote to freeze the green platforms and stop them from shrinking for a short time.

EDIT: Also long jumps were really useful for when I did this one. You cover more ground faster, and can get out of nasty corners with greater ease.

Look it up on youtube. There's a speed run of that particular level that will help immensely when you see what path they chose.

That was my last one too. It helped to bounce from one square to the next each time. For some reason, that helped me avoid making mistakes. Then there ends up being two long jumps that you have to make without fail, the rest are shorter jumps. There's more than 100 purple coins on that level, so you don't have to get them all.