By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Cartoons and Nostalgia

Man... The Ghostbusters, He-Man, Gi-joe, Thundercats, Silver Hawks, Mad MAx, Smurfs, Tranformers, Mazinger-z, Duckula, Duck Tales, Chip And Dale recue rangers, Animaniacs.. etc... etc..
Good Memories

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Around the Network

@Crashman

We are both right. Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future had both a Saturday morning show and VHSs.

I guess my mother bought the wrong toy since instead of a jetfighter that would score point and take hits, she bought us this which only servers to power up your jetfighter when Captain power appears on screen.

heh, 21 Jump Street.

I forgot the pilot got shot out if you took too much damage.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

TMNT was what I grew up on and to this day I believe they are more badass than anything in existance. Other than that, Duck Tales, Chip n Dale, Darkwing Duck was awesome. I also kinda liked that X-Men cartoon back in the day. PokeMon, but only during the gym battles and especially the end.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Yeah, there is a special place in my heart for Pokemon because the first time I saw it I was all doped up on morphine in the hospital at 2:00 AM.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Around the Network

Tom & Jerry

Ren and Stimpy is my favorite childhood cartoon.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Ren and Stimpy has definitely had a huge impact on modern cartoons (ie gross detailed closups)