By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why do people think the 360 is vulnerable in sales?

People think that the 360 is vulnerable in sales because they are getting outsold by Sony. Yes the YOY sales are up but whats their main target? Outsell and retain sales lead over the PS3 or just to increase YOY?

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

Around the Network
ultimate_123 said:
People think that the 360 is vulnerable in sales because they are getting outsold by Sony. Yes the YOY sales are up but whats their main target? Outsell and retain sales lead over the PS3 or just to increase YOY?

The year is not over is it?

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Yeah, but the 360 has increased from Jan-Oct 2007.

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

ultimate_123 said:
Yeah, but the 360 has increased from Jan-Oct 2007.

Yes it has but doe that mean the the 360 cant outsell the PS3 this year??

^ Will it ousell it so much that it'll take back the 1.5 million units?

Around the Network
ultimate_123 said:

Why not with the lower price and good games it shiuld be able to IMO.

Everstar said:
ultimate_123 said:

Why not with the lower price and good games it shiuld be able to IMO.

So you think what the PS3 has been able to do in 9 months is what the 360 will do in 3 months???

mrstickball said:
libellule said:
xbox360 is selling well

but it is just selling too low when u consider the game line-up or the entry price

(I m waiting for NA sales)

Then, in your opinion, what should the X360 sell?

IMO, I think the issue is that Microsoft and Sony have learned the hard truth that entry pricing points can't be above $300 for the standard unit.

It should outsell the PS3 every weeks, not only just before a price drop (at least for 08) I still consider MS may have an amazing Xmas considering their price, we will see.

Time to Work !

Because it's introductory price is half that of the Wii and 3 times less that of the PS3 , maybe that has something to do with it ?

Cueil said:
Microsoft's reason for entering into this market was to stop Sony from getting a foothold in the living room... even in the 90s Krazy Ken knew they would one day have to go head to head with Microsoft. This is a fight for the dominance of entertainment in the living room... it's so massive that Apple's own entrance was barely even a footnote.

didn't he say that he would kill microsoft or something ? In either case mission succeeded. Atleast last gen. This gen he is gone though.. dududum !

@million is right

Check out my game about moles ^