By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Molyneux asking for special review consideration ...

DMeisterJ said:
Fuck that.

If people want to give Kojima flak for not being able to talk about the cutscene length, then we're going to give him flak on co-op.

I totally agree that he should get flak for the co-op. However this is a bit of a different issue to the MGS4 one as in this PM has asked that these things be taken into consideration. With MGS4 the reviewers were told that they were only allowed to review if they didn't mention the cutscene length.

While Molyneux may come off as a bit desperate at least he isn't directly fucking with the reviews like MGS4 did.

@WiiStation. Yeah kind of at first. But then I remembered that the Lair review guide was only hilarious because it was so shittily done.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Fuck that.

If people want to give Kojima flak for not being able to talk about the cutscene length, then we're going to give him flak on co-op.

Bull.

Molyneux is asking.  In fact, the impression I get is that he knows the reviews will be great in their own right, but feels that allowing a casual to play the game will unveil additional delights hardcore reviewers would miss.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Dear Peter,

You game looks amazing and I am sure it will receive almost universal praise and a majority of scores over 90%, but just let the game speak for itself. Don't tell reviewer how to review your game.

I think Fable II will be a very good game ,even a great one ,as Fable 1.But ,just as Fable I ,it will fall short on some people expectations.

Molyneux seems a bit afraid about the reviews.

Writing a letter to reviewers telling them about your product and asking for special consideration is inappropriate no matter how it is done.  Reviewers cannot take into account parts of the game that are not provided to them.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:
Fuck that.

Bull.

Molyneux is asking.  In fact, the impression I get is that he knows the reviews will be great in their own right, but feels that allowing a casual to play the game will unveil additional delights hardcore reviewers would miss.

I'm not really too concerned with the impression you get, I'm talking about what is stated.

Kojima got flak for MGS4 review consideration, so he will get flak in equal or greater value.  Period.

PM has asked for a non-gamer to be allowed to give some feedback on the game to the reviewer. He obviously wants to show that this game is intuitive, will appeal to a wide audience and can be enjoyed by anyone.

He also mentions that co-op will be available shortly after launch so reviewers are fully aware that this aspect of the game has been addressed. If I was a reviewer and was critical of a game for not having co-op, only for it to be addressed within a week of launch, I'd feel a tool.

This memo from Peter Molyneux is only intended to make reviewers aware so that they can make proper, informed judgements about the game. He is not dictating how aspects of the game should to be reviewed.

This is an XBox 360 exclusive and all the people who are complaining on this thread are Sony diehards (including DMeisterJ). Why would they feel the need to do this? Surely it couldn't be that there is also a much hyped game launching for the PS3 on the same day and they are desperate not for it to be overshadowed?

selnor said:
LOL MATURE said:
selnor said:
Those saying crap about Molyneux just cant wait to jump on this bandwagon.

He has not asked for leanient reviews or special treatment. All he has done is Tell them exactly what the coop will entail and ask for feedback from people who have never played a game in their life.

Stop mish mashing what Molyneux has done.

Dude the guy has a tendancy of being full of shit. And there is a problem with him telling them what it will have. One problem is he has a tendancy of being full of shit. The other is the reviewers arent playing what he is describing so they have to rely on someone who has a tendancy of being full of shit and has much to gain with good scores. He is obviously trying to get something from this letter. If it isn't them passing along his message through a review then what is it? They can't do that because it's not there to review. Is it asking them to be linient because it doesnt have it? Well thats just bull shit too. If that were the case then he shouldn't make it obvious that it's lacking that feature. Also if reviewers find it fit to dock it for points because of that then they should. The person who has most to gain from the project shouldn't have communications with reviewers at all. And he sure the hell shouldn't try and persuade them to think one way. What they think and feel is what they should say.

Look I know your a Ps3 boy and that you cant help it. I will remind you that this compared with the fiasco that Konami did with "special review consideration" for MGS4 was far worse. Oh wait did you forget the storm that caused. EGM reviewed MGS4 1 month late because of that.

And for your info. PM isnt full of it. Every game he has made has had in it what was intended, except the first Fable. Fable was due to hardware limitations. But hardware got better and the dream can be realised. It's like looking at the original star wars trilogy and then the remakes. limitations was the reason.

Hows about you stop swearing. Theres no need for it.

Very weak argument.

It's not just Fable, it was also B&W and B&W2, didn't play The Movies because Peter is so full of shit and thinks he's god when he is just a mediocre game developer. In fact B&W was like GTAIV, so many gave them perfect scores then a month later they were apologizing, and they even started calling games as "another Black and White." He should have stopped making games when Populous came out imo.

Hammer him for failing to deliver what was promised, I don't see any reason why he shouldn't.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

A game developer asking for special consideration from critics is not a good sign. I really hope that Molyneux delivers this time.

DMeisterJ said:
starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:
Fuck that.

Bull.

I'm not really too concerned with the impression you get, I'm talking about what is stated.

Kojima got flak for MGS4 review consideration, so he will get flak in equal or greater value.  Period.

And what is stated is completely out of step with your interpretation.

What Molyneux said is this:

“I have a favour to ask you — we built this game not only to appeal to gamers like yourself, but to appeal to anybody. So please, please, please, please, please find somebody who doesn’t play games, watch them play it and see how their world turns out, because I think it’s only when you see those differences that the unique experiences comes through.”

The co-op thing was simply him outlining the feature.  Tell me DMeisterJ, where in there does it say reviewers are not allowed to review the game if they don't take account of Molyneux's considerations?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS