By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If McCain loses....

Snake612 said:
In my opinion, I don't know what will really happen. However in the end this election will be historic and people will remember it for a long time. The stakes have never been higher. If McCain loses, then the only thing i can say is will have our first black President and will be part of history. Thats at least something to be happy about.

I don't care if he is black, white, hispanic, asian, whatever... his policies suck.

EDIT:

In fact, after making this statement, I ran over to his website, and clicked on issues. I only ran through a few of them (Defense, Education, Civil Rights, Economy), and I have yet to find where he will spend less then what we spend today.

In debates he talks about cutting spending, yet on his web site, he only takes about expanding it. There is a section on government contract reform, but I doubt that will save much money. A few hundred million at best. the 25 billion he plans to spend on assistance for the poor in his economy plan trumps that alone.

We have no money, and we spend like crazy. How does he plan to pay for all of this?

Around the Network

Leaving Iraq.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Leaving Iraq.

How does $10B/month, or the $700 Billion we spent have anything to do with the state of our country... ;)

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

steven787 said:
Leaving Iraq.

How does $10B/month, or the $700 Billion we spent have anything to do with the state of our country... ;)

in 2000, the US budget request for the 2001 defense department was $575 Billion (I can not find what we spent). Last year (7 years later), we spent $625 Billion on defense.

I am not sure where 120 billion a year comes from. Obama also wants to raise the number of military troops by 92,000. He wants to spend money on every aspect of the military, not to mention increase forces in Afghanistan. 

Here is the page:

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/defense/

steven787 said:
Leaving Iraq.

Well the war sucks, the bailout sucks, and the state of the country sucks?

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:
steven787 said:
Leaving Iraq.

in 2000, the US budget request for the 2001 defense department was $575 Billion (I can not find what we spent). Last year (7 years later), we spent $625 Billion on defense.

I am not sure where 120 billion a year comes from. Obama also wants to raise the number of military troops by 92,000. He wants to spend money on every aspect of the military, not to mention increase forces in Afghanistan. 

Here is the page:

The cost of having troops deployed is far greater than increasing the number of enlisted.

Since when did reps run on a platform of discouraging enlistment.

steven787 said:
TheRealMafoo said:
steven787 said:
Leaving Iraq.

Here is the page:

The cost of having troops deployed is far greater than increasing the number of enlisted.

I am not saying his plan on the Military is bad, I am just saying it's expensive. He doesn't just want to add troops, he wants better training, better and more equipment.....

Like every other page i have read in the issues section, it's going to cost us more then it costs us today. Where is the money coming from? If fact, this leads me to a question I think I will start a thread about.

You know, honestly, I like Huckabee a lot. Love to have a beer with him, lol. Great guy.

Now, this:

"McCain is just the continuation of failing Republican US President George W. Bush."

Is a simplistic talking point.

If McCain had me writing his speeches and running his campaign, lol, Obama wouldn't win. Period.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

TheRealMafoo said:
steven787 said:
TheRealMafoo said:
steven787 said:
Leaving Iraq.

Here is the page:

I am not saying his plan on the Military is bad, I am just saying it's expensive. He doesn't just want to add troops, he wants better training, better and more equipment.....

Like every other page i have read in the issues section, it's going to cost us more then it costs us today. Where is the money coming from? If fact, this leads me to a question I think I will start a thread about.

I think you are forgetting that these are empty campaign promises.  The reason why we need Dems is so they can raise taxes to balance the budget, while increasing selct programs to keep the poor from revolting.  The poor are always revolting, but I mean the other meaning.