By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Console Sales Plunge. WHY?

^I'm even slightly worried about a military coup eventually. If America can't pay for it's army I'm scared they'll defect and fight the government.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Around the Network

Don't count on Canada, their market is crashing too. They depend on oil revenue and that has been dropping like crazy. The US is Canada's biggest customer.

Well I should be able to retire to my wife's country whic shouldn't be affected by it.

Here I come Sierra Leone!

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Commando said:
Well I should be able to retire to my wife's country whic shouldn't be affected by it.

Here I come Sierra Leone!

Funny you should say that, I was just thinking this might be the perfect time to check out that Peace Corps down in Botswana or Kenya.

Grahamhsu said:
^I'm even slightly worried about a military coup eventually. If America can't pay for it's army I'm scared they'll defect and fight the government.

lol thats one too many action games for you!

anyway, I'm already in East Africa (yay!) but most of my money in invested elsewhere(not yay.).

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network

have u compared if last year sales were also following the dame process or not ???

I remember, last year, Japan sales were VERY slow.
Also, Halo was released (= price cut this year)

My question : is it not usual to have a slowdown between september and october ?

Time to Work !

economy? hardly. its a natural downward trend, mainly due to a lack of big new releases. also cant forget 360 rise then drop from price cut and new PSP model on the way.

Yes - they're that scared. Given people are finding themselves unable to pay mortgages, losing their jobs etc. buying a games console isn't too high on their agenda.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

no money=no game system... or I'd have a PS3 :(

I m still waiting the time when someone will show me how gaming market is affected by economy.

Considering how people will buy million of Wii at Xmas (still 250$), I m not really worried.

If casual can put 250$, hardcore can put 400$...

Time to Work !