By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is the $200 Arcade model a ripoff or a deal?

my arcade memory card was 256mb, just a fyi

Hello World

Around the Network

@Jerseyboy recently about 2 months ago my friend was in a similar situation as yours. He wanted to buy a Wii and I told him at this point you'd be better off getting yourself a 360 because of the upcoming pricecut. I knew an arcade was good enough for him because he's not the type of person to blow money on XBL and DLC like me. I didn't think he'd actually take my advice but two weeks ago he randomly bought an arcade...

Anywho it depends on your friend, does he want the Xbox to play it's RPGs? Does he want to play shooters online with it? Does he want both? Does he want Braid, or Castle Crashers, Galaxy Wars, Penny Arcade etc. etc. If he answers yes to any of the above than take disolitude's route.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

@Jerseyboy and if he goes online tell him to join the VG gamerscore league =P

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Well. From what I understand the Arcade model does not have an HDMI port. If you have, or plan on getting, an HDTV than it is definatly worth your while to get the Pro. Thats what made the determination for me.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Commando said:
Well. From what I understand the Arcade model does not have an HDMI port. If you have, or plan on getting, an HDTV than it is definatly worth your while to get the Pro. Thats what made the determination for me.

All have HDMI porst...arcade doesnt have any sort of HD cable however.

Around the Network

i wouldn't say its a great deal but it is good deal.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

konnichiwa said:
ymeaga1n said:
konnichiwa said:
200$ for a console with a huge library of quality games? No it is not a rip off. But if he likes to play online games lit him get a pro or elite.

The only thing I think is a rip off of X360 is the 80$ I have to pay to play online for one year.

Whatta nice guy you are. You made an extra $40 donation to MS for no reason.

Well the cards cost around 59 Euro here for a year.

Man, you're right. More like $83 actually lol. Can't you buy them from UK? $50 there

The arcade is a great deal my uncle and two of my friends have it and loving it.
You can also buy three games with that extra 100 dollas.

ymeaga1n said:
konnichiwa said:
ymeaga1n said:
konnichiwa said:
200$ for a console with a huge library of quality games? No it is not a rip off. But if he likes to play online games lit him get a pro or elite.

The only thing I think is a rip off of X360 is the 80$ I have to pay to play online for one year.

Whatta nice guy you are. You made an extra $40 donation to MS for no reason.

Well the cards cost around 59 Euro here for a year.

Man, you're right. More like $83 actually lol. Can't you buy them from UK? $50 there

Well I will if I need a new one.

199$ Xbox is a very good deal, Hard drive is not compulsory and another 100 quid can be spend on Games. It also depends what does your friend need it for, if he is interesting in HD experience then he needs to invest a bit more money, but if it's more casual approach towards gaming then cables and wi fi can wait.