By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - would you buy a ps3 if it was around $300-350(no hdd)

As title says wold you buy a ps3 with no hdd for around 300-350 imo this would be a good deal since you can just buy your own hdd from the start and the price for me sounds reasonable

So would you?

Think Sony can pull this deal?

Discuss ^_^

Around the Network

Sure, why not.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

Well with mandatory installs on a few games it's too late for this... Plus I don't see the point in buying a hdd separately, it'll only save a couple bucks and most people are too dumb to figure it out on their own.

i like the enthusiasm but no that wouldn't be a good deal. that would make Sony as cheap as that $200 360

I know A LOT of people who are needing to buy a new HDD since they are starting run out of space so instead of getting a 80gb why not buy a 160 gb and its much cheaper to buy hdd for ps3 then buy a 360 hdd
some games don't need mandatory installs

Around the Network
forsaken0825 said:
I know A LOT of people who are needing to buy a new HDD since they are starting run out of space so instead of getting a 80gb why not buy a 160 gb and its much cheaper to buy hdd for ps3 then buy a 360 hdd
some games don't need mandatory installs

What's the point? Why not buy a 160GB PS3 right off the bat if you plan on using alot of space? Also, I put 160GB in my PS3 and am no where near filling it up even with 30+ demos and many many videos and music. All of it would fit on a 80GB easy.

And yes you're right, some games dont need installs, but some games do, so I fail to see the point in buying a empty PS3 and a harddrive from another source instead of just buying a PS3 with a HDD.....

well i fail to see to buy a empty 360 but look at the sales >_>
and its called actually downloading FULL games and videos, to use up your hdd and please show me where i can buy a 160 ps3 right now

No, it'd be incomplete without the hard drive. It would be like practically the same price without the value

forsaken0825 said:
well i fail to see to buy a empty 360 but look at the sales >_>
and its called actually downloading FULL games and videos, to use up your hdd and please show me where i can buy a 160 ps3 right now

The 360 doesnt have mandatory installs and is not a home media center like the PS3. Full games? Most of my demos are over a GB, all of my videos in 1080p. There is plenty of room on a 80GB, as you've mentioned there are 360's out there with no harddrives.

Sony obviously didnt take the cheap route, so why start now? Why make things complicated?

As for the 160GB wait til Christmas, or cope with a 80GB.

There is simply no reason for Sony to take the harddrive out, the PS3 would lose it's rep as the complete package, and it wouldnt make Sony any money. No harddrive + lower cost still ='s LOSS