By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which devs could go under because of the economy?

EA, Take-Two.

Around the Network

Use these two charts as a guide for your answers.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Ubisoft and Square Enix I hope.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I didn't realize that Namco > SE + Capcom in term of revenue. Square Enix is hugely profitable though because it supports mostly the DS and the PSP (but mostly DS).

This fiscal year will be huge for SE because of Dragon Quest IX. I wonder if it's enough to have more revenue than Namco.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

SCi and Midway is my guess :x

Around the Network

3D Realms

Um.... all???? The question is "which one's could" right?? In that case, ALL....

4 ≈ One

I bet Nintendo, Microsoft, and EA have enough money to make it through another great depression, so I don't know if I'd say all of them.

I now what dev will NOT go under - my company. =) Im already funding the entire development myself. THeres nothing for the company to lose ;)

I personally think that the HD game developers are in straits more dire than portable/Wii developers. Although the recession will shrink the total cash available in the market for all players, it's HD game developers who are, by and large, already teetering on the line between profit and loss in many situations (exceptions go to the owners of the biggest blockbusters, e.g. Bungie, Activision, but they are a distinct minority). This recession could be a gale force wind that knocks them off onto the wrong side of the fence, even when a little puff of air could have done the same.

Super World Cup Fighter II: Championship 2010 Edition