By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which devs could go under because of the economy?

In FishyJoe's thread commenting on the Dow's plunge, he mentioned that some game devs could go under because their games aren't going to make enough money for the forseeable future.

So, which ones could possibly fall? Hasn't Atari fallen already? If they haven't....Atari.

EDIT: Atari's a publisher.........

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

all of them

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
all of them

lol

Microsoft would be the only one left.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Maybe Silicon Knights.

Pixel Art can be fun.

I agree with the bubbly guy with the ugly helmet.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

Around the Network
Incandescence said:
I agree with the bubbly guy with the ugly helmet.

Digimon Yaio, anyway.. I hope they all don't.  I need something to entertain my hobby.

Pixel Art can be fun.

My best guess would definately be smaller developers (none of which I can name...sad I know), but before they go under, the bigger names, like Activision, EA, Sony, M$, Nintendo, and so on, will buy them up because they will have the reserves to pick them up.

The developers that make bad games.

Because people will still buy games.

Any that waists their time making HD games. Their costs are high and returns are low, so unless they are already owned by one of the big publishers they are pretty well screwed.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Nintendo have been around for a long time, and been through many economic downturns and have always been profitable. Honestly if there was a nuclear holocaust i wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo still had an automated games making division selling games to the cockroaches.

As for who would crash and burn, i'd imagine there are many already walking a pretty fine line given the large budgets demanded by this generation's games.