By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - In which gen will Nintendo catch up to Sony/MSFT with online?

I think Microsoft and Sony need to play catch up badly, currently Microsoft and Sony did make a huge push to be more Wii like with it's online interfaces such as Home and Dash Board, as well as the incorperation in console Avatars for the user. Heck Microsoft got the idea of using Wii point card like commodities to make online purchases as simple as the Wii's online purchases.

Sadly you can't get the retro games in bulk yet from Sony and Microsoft, but at least Microsoft is trying to get Golden Eye... but that's just one game... If only their online was better. =(

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

@ Jo21

uhm..right..because the regular customer will def buy the ps3 because it can run linux and therefor an emulator of very great NINTENDO games..

right.....puff puff give...dude..not puff puff hold..so please pass it to me

venepe said:
I don't think they are playing catch up at all. Nintendo online strategy is completely different than Sony and MS, so they are pretty much doing their own thing and as long as they are making the bucks they don't really care about "catching up".

when you say diffrent you mean like the diffrence between a dad that plays ball with you (PSN/Live) or a Dad that punches you in the face first then plays ball with you... and ever time you want to throw the ball a diffrent way he punches you again(Wii)

edit: Wiiware doesn't make up for their horrible online support.  If you had a universal wiicode for all games that's something that I can deal with, but they are completely out of control... and this latest bs over the DSi and Wii not sharing points just shows you how pethetic they are when it comes to this kind of thing.  This stuff isn't new... I've been playing on the intertron since 94.