By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3's $399 Price 'Simply Too Steep,' says Analyst

TheTruthHurts! said:
$399 may seem a bit steep for economic situations in many regions. But with the inclusion of a blu-ray player in the PS3, I feel that the $399 is warranted considering what you are getting for your money. It's a great system.

Heck....if it wasn't for the competition the Wii, and 360 produced this Gen, Sony might still be charging $499 or $599 for the PS3. I consider Sony's initial woes and ego bitchslap, a blessing in disguise for many gamers, who might not have been able to afford a PS3 without past cuts!

You have to pay an additional $1000 for a decent 1080P 50" TV to get the benefits out of the Blu-Ray and PS3 games. Blu-Ray discs are more expensive than DVD's.

Around the Network

Edit: sorry, clicked "send" button by mistake...

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

all i have to say to this is "no SHIT'...in a world were countries are bleeding money and runs on banks are becoming a common place event that is to much money to spend on a toy

i really think that the current crisis is going to hurt the sales of all three machines