By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Last Remnant trailer

S-E is obviously trying to make this their new huge blockbuster. Everything from the name of the game tells us this.

I feel it can be a HUGE success JRPG sales wise....n remember they keep touting "S-E RPG for the world"

they have big plans for this game....don't be surprised if it gets 5 Million LTD PS360PC combined.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
S-E is obviously trying to make this their new huge blockbuster. Everything from the name of the game tells us this.

I feel it can be a HUGE success JRPG sales wise....n remember they keep touting "S-E RPG for the world"

they have big plans for this game....don't be surprised if it gets 5 Million LTD PS360PC combined.

5 million is pushing it a little(or a lot), don't you think.  But 1 million, heck 2 million isn't out of reach though.  It will probably be like Kingdom Hearts where the game slowly gains steam after it comes out.  Also, the game has a lot of hype in Japan but S-E don't seem to be hyping it much in the West.  I did not see the game listed as one of the most anticipated games of the year with Gears of War 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, and SSBB.

That looks really good.

Usually i play JRPGs in consoles, but i think i will have this one on PC... I'm dying to see what my new hardware can do with a Square Enix title developed on the Unreal Engine 3...

Wow the game looks great. ANd turnbased too. I will eventually get it.

Around the Network

I'm interested in getting an RPG on the PS3 but it appears MS has bought the timed exclusivity of this game for some time period. And the unreal engine is no good for an RPG, mass effect used it and had massive load times and pop-in and slowdowns all over the place, the exact same thing happened for Lost Odyssey. So only time will tell if this game suffers the same problems as those game.

Griffin said:
I'm interested in getting an RPG on the PS3 but it appears MS has bought the timed exclusivity of this game for some time period. And the unreal engine is no good for an RPG, mass effect used it and had massive load times and pop-in and slowdowns all over the place, the exact same thing happened for Lost Odyssey. So only time will tell if this game suffers the same problems as those game.

Bioware games tend to get technical issues so Mass Effect having them was not a big suprise.  Mistwalker had trouble with the UE3 since they were not experienced in the technology used in the engine.  TLR so far doesn't have those problems and looks to be a very polished game.

Not long until release now. It looks pretty good and the video has been recieved very positively. I hope it does well.

Gnosis said:
Not long until release now. It looks pretty good and the video has been recieved very positively. I hope it does well.

Hopefully, TLR could become the next big sleeper hit if reviews are positive and it gets good marketing.

Riachu said:
Griffin said:

Bioware games tend to get technical issues so Mass Effect having them was not a big suprise.  Mistwalker had trouble with the UE3 since they were not experienced in the technology used in the engine.  TLR so far doesn't have those problems and looks to be a very polished game.

WTF? Lost Odyssey tech issues? It had no pop in. All it had was an occasional frame rate drop. I have finished it 3 times. I would have noticed tech issues.