By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I want a time-consuming Wii game that's good.

blunty51 said:
Thanks for the replies folks.

Yea i've outdone MK, SSBB, RE4.
I've heard a LOT about Fire emblem, mainly that it's really hard.
Is it turned based?

How long is No More Heroes?

Yes, Fire Emblem is turn based. Also, it is probably one of the hardest games this generation. You can expect to lose at least a few times, or have your characters killed and have to replay a stage. But it isn't imposible to beat either. I played it as my first SRPG on Normal and I only had to restart once because I really didn't know what I was doing. After that I was hooked.

The only time the game is imposible is if you only use your really strong units right off the bat instead of training your weaker ones. Also, if you let a lot of your characters die it will get harder as time goes on. I had to restart when I was about 1/2 way through, but that was because I didn't know what I was doing and most my units were way under powered.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

I'm currently enjoying De Blob, MM9, Sim City Wii and a few others, Okami was pretty good as well, I'd go with Okami if your liked Zelda.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

tabsina said:
blunty51 said:
trestres said:
Scarface, The Gothfather, Bully, No More Heros, RE4, RE:UC, Medal of Honor Heros 2, Fire Emblem, Chocobo's Dungeon, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, de Blob, Lego Star Wars, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Batman, Trauma Center: Second Opinion, Trauma Center: New Blood, Sam&Max Season 1, Battalion Wars 2, Naruto: Clash of the Ninja Revolution, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Star Wars: TFU, Crash of the Titans, Death Jr. Root of Evil.

Those are all games that have at least a 70% rating in gamerankings that are somehow lengthy. There's some more but I personally wouldn't recommend.

Whoa got me there.

Is de Blob.....long and time consuming or just somewhat of a puzzler (though called a platformer)

well.. i've played the first four levels, and on average it has taken me 80-90minutes to 100% complete each of them.. so thats about 5hrs and 30mins on just the first 4 levels out of 10... and then you also have the secret missions which will add at least a couple more hours to your play time

so i think it is safe to say, if you are a completionist like me, the game will probably take you around 15-20hrs to fully complete

it isn't much of a puzzler, i guess the 'puzzle' aspects are how to get from one platform to the next in some cases, which i guess is more along the lines of what a 'platformer' is all about

Thanks for the info I'm really considering this now

Gnac said:
blunty51 said:
trestres said:
Scarface, The Gothfather, Bully, No More Heros, RE4, RE:UC, Medal of Honor Heros 2, Fire Emblem, Chocobo's Dungeon, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, de Blob, Lego Star Wars, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Batman, Trauma Center: Second Opinion, Trauma Center: New Blood, Sam&Max Season 1, Battalion Wars 2, Naruto: Clash of the Ninja Revolution, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Star Wars: TFU, Crash of the Titans, Death Jr. Root of Evil.

Those are all games that have at least a 70% rating in gamerankings that are somehow lengthy. There's some more but I personally wouldn't recommend.

Whoa got me there.

Is de Blob.....long and time consuming or just somewhat of a puzzler (though called a platformer)

Same question goes for the Lego games.

What kind of game you would say is battalion wars, seen and heard alot abotu it but never played.

There are some meh games (personally) on this list tho...not a fan of trauma center, light gun games, tomb raider

What would you say is better: Scarface or Godfather?

It's a lighthearted realtime strategy game where you control various types of infantry units (grunts, flame / bazooka vets, mortars, etc.) and several land, sea and air vehicles. There are a lot of varied missions, and some may take a few goes to find the correct strategy for getting those S-ranks. Presentation and voice acting are excellent, and the whole thing is very engrossing.

Cool scene. So when you say 'lighthearted', you mean like, probably not as intense as another RTS like say.....company of heroes? Cuz if that's the case i'll probably pick it up, I like RTS's but it just gets too fast paced for me at times.

trestres said:
I don't know about Godfather vs Scarface, but I've read positive things about both.

BWii is action/strategy. Really fun and has online.

de Blob is a platformer mainly, but it's not as long as Zelda... about 8 hours or so, but there's a lot of replay value if you want to clear the game 100%.

Lego games are action/adventure games involving Legos :P
They are quite lengthy and very fun. You should try them out.

Cool. I know the Lego games, but which would you say is the best?

Around the Network
blunty51 said:
Gnac said:

It's a lighthearted realtime strategy game where you control various types of infantry units (grunts, flame / bazooka vets, mortars, etc.) and several land, sea and air vehicles. There are a lot of varied missions, and some may take a few goes to find the correct strategy for getting those S-ranks. Presentation and voice acting are excellent, and the whole thing is very engrossing.

Cool scene. So when you say 'lighthearted', you mean like, probably not as intense as another RTS like say.....company of heroes? Cuz if that's the case i'll probably pick it up, I like RTS's but it just gets too fast paced for me at times.

Exactly. This has been used against BWii, but it seems that there is a demographic for it. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun :D

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Try these: Fire Emblem, de Blob, Lego Star Wars, Battalion Wars 2, Bully, Resident Evil 4, Umbrella Chronicles, Scarface, The Godfather, Trauma Center.

And in the near future there are many new games like Mushroom Men or Call of Duty 5

nordlead said:
blunty51 said:
Thanks for the replies folks.

Yea i've outdone MK, SSBB, RE4.
I've heard a LOT about Fire emblem, mainly that it's really hard.
Is it turned based?

How long is No More Heroes?

Yes, Fire Emblem is turn based. Also, it is probably one of the hardest games this generation. You can expect to lose at least a few times, or have your characters killed and have to replay a stage. But it isn't imposible to beat either. I played it as my first SRPG on Normal and I only had to restart once because I really didn't know what I was doing. After that I was hooked.

The only time the game is imposible is if you only use your really strong units right off the bat instead of training your weaker ones. Also, if you let a lot of your characters die it will get harder as time goes on. I had to restart when I was about 1/2 way through, but that was because I didn't know what I was doing and most my units were way under powered.

So wait, so say that this is the kind of game that if you sorts do the wrong thing early on and reach far, you might have to start over your ENTIRE game??

axumblade said:
Mega Man 9, Wario Land: Shake It!, and nIGHTS, those are the only games I have that haven't been mentioned.

Ah! thanks for reminding me about nIGHTS, that game looked very interesting. How long would you say it is? Also, how long would you take to beat Wario?

Don't get Scarface, its pretty awful.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X