By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - mass effect 2 rumors!

meh, the first Mass Effect was disappointing (though still better than Kotor 1). The Witcher was 2007's RPG of the Year and showed alot of ME1's faults like lack of meaningful choices and side-quests quality.

hopefully ME2 will be bigger and better.

Around the Network

Mass Effect used UE? What the hell. Why would Bioware have their own engine that they lease out (ex: The Withcer) and then use Unreal to make Mass Effect?

cwbys21 said:
Mass Effect used UE? What the hell. Why would Bioware have their own engine that they lease out (ex: The Withcer) and then use Unreal to make Mass Effect?

Epic's salesmen are epic.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

cwbys21 said:

The Witcher used a heavily modified version of Neverwinter Nights 1's old engine (CD Projekt themselves re-wrote 90% of the engine for the Witcher), so Bioware had no choice but to use another engine.

Ctrl+F... "tali"... Enter...

Text not found.

Meh.

Around the Network

I still need to finish the first Mass Effect, but I still can't wait for Mass Effect 2.

Nice rumors, I imagine since they'll be using the same engine with similar graphics and probably a number of the same locations it should give them a chance to really spend time developing the game and hopefully dramatically increasing the number of sidequests.

Sounds good, to all your Mass Effect freaks out there, have they fixed the pop ins and texture loading problems on the 360 version? I think I'll buy this game when I get a 360 next month.

shio said:
meh, the first Mass Effect was disappointing (though still better than Kotor 1). The Witcher was 2007's RPG of the Year and showed alot of ME1's faults like lack of meaningful choices and side-quests quality.

hopefully ME2 will be bigger and better.

I think the Rachni (especially if that particular rumor is true), Wrex, and the Citadel Council would all disagree with you.  The meaning will be unmistakable after ME2 releases.

i have no interest in Mass Effect or its sequels.