By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - GAME retailor confirms further Xbox 360 cut!

You heard it here first.  I was in GAME yesterday, about to purchase 3 xbox 360's for myself and my 2 kids.  The Sales Assistant told me to hold off buying them for a few weeks because they were to reduce the costs yet again.  I asked her how much of a further reduction there would be.  She advised that the prices would come down to around the same price as the recent Sainsbury's price reduction.

Arcade = 99 pounds

Premium = 139 pounds

Looks like Xbox 360's will sell big time this holiday period.

This is unofficial but the sales assistant was quite adamant!  Happy days! 

Around the Network

Holy shit I shouldn’t have bought mine half a year ago :( what was I thinking!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

That's not an official price drop. A department store in the UK already said they are going to drop the price themselves on the 360(to what you mentioned) and Wii for the holiday season. GAME is going to match, and probably every other game store as well

There was just a cut? This is bull.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Irishman said:

You heard it here first.  I was in GAME yesterday, about to purchase 3 xbox 360's for myself and my 2 kids.  The Sales Assistant told me to hold off buying them for a few weeks because they were to reduce the costs yet again.  I asked her how much of a further reduction there would be.  She advised that the prices would come down to around the same price as the recent Sainsbury's price reduction.

Arcade = 99 pounds

Premium = 139 pounds

lol wut?

As for the price reductions Game often sell cheaper then the RRP, so it's not much of a surprise they'll be dropping prices again after the price cut.

Around the Network

99 Pounds?! i just think that is impossible at this stage. 129 pounds price is extremely low considering the price of the PS3.

nah it's probably a promotional thing

Promotional thing or not, Thats pretty cheap.
What is the usual price for the systems in UK?

It seems crazy to me that they'll (Sainsburys included) take such a personal...well, company...hit unless they're looking (as MS probably is) to make up the cuts in software sales?

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Dallinor said:
Irishman said:

Arcade = 99 pounds

Premium = 139 pounds

lol wut?

As for the price reductions Game often sell cheaper then the RRP, so it's not much of a surprise they'll be dropping prices again after the price cut.

He was going to buy one for himself and one for each of his kids. 

It is kind of crazy if this is true.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Sainsbury's , Tesco's , Gamestation have all been doing similar price cutting . I feel like buying another XBOX 360 at that price.