By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wario Land, Samba de Amigo, & de Blob get Week 2 sales INCREASES

FreeTalkLive said:
Soriku said:
Loving how many Wii games have legs.

This is not a sign of legs.

Just what I thought. And hey, you beat Montana to it.

How is this a surprise?

Boom Blox  - 21K to 23K

Zack & Wiki -  21K to 23K

Carnival Games - 10K to 21K

Lego Star Wars - 20 to 26K

These games sell 20K second week, that trend has been there for a long time.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

Great those games deserve good sales. I'm planning to pick up WarioLand soon.

That's simple. Games are generally released on Friday in Europe, and Others numbers go from sunday to saturday. So in Others, first week generally means first 2 days, when in Japan it means first 4 days.

RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:
Wario Land is a game that many people are writing off and shouldn't be. There is a lot of depth to it regardless of what people are saying. It is deserving of the Nintendo first party game label.

I second that. Wario Land is worth its money, it would be a shame to hold out with a purchase until it drops in price which we all know can take a long time with Nintendo's games.

Equivalent to never.

stof said:
johnsobas said:
yea we've heard it a million times, boom blox bombs, zack and wiki bombs, madden 07, bombs no more heroes bombs, boogie bombs. 6 months later people are singing a different tune. I'm not saying this is one of those cases or not, but you have to wait before you can judge.

And yet, I still wish those games sold better (No More Heroes and Zack & Wiki especially).

I'm glad most of these games find legs to carry them, but it's a shame they can't have good debuts as well. I still think Nintendo needs to clamp down on all the shovelware the system gets, so there aren't so many crappy games sitting on the same shelf competing for the "back of the box reading" game buyer segment.

Frankly, and I'm not saying I like shovelware, I would rather not have a return to the Draconian Nintendo that strangled third party efforts in the SNES and N64 days.

Around the Network

I agree. Look the more games being made the better. The reality is that Nintendo first party are really so good that nothing else ever gets up there, at least not for long anyway.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Good to see, I shall pick up Wario Land and De Blob when I get money

I have all three games...!

ganondorf7799 said:
I have all three games...!

How's Samba de Amigo? I've never played any of the games but it looks pretty enticing.

GLoRySoGLoRy said:
I will be pist if Wii users dont buy De BLob and Samba. those are good quality 3rd partay!!

de Blob is a quality game.

Samba is crap. The controls are broken!