By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is 2008 the year of PS3

From Wikipedia:

A PlayStation 3 version was announced, but EA stated that the production for this version had been "put on hold",[4] and now may not be released, due to difficulties with the system's architecture.[5]

So there were plans (apologies for my mistake) but there is a very possible chance it will not come out as the official EA word says.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/28-07-2008-8928.html

All the other sites are just placeholders because they initially thought it was coming out.

And by the way, if you really want to argue in terms of critical review scores as you did for NG then this is definitely not the year of the PS3 and 2009 is all conjecture at this point. NG2 was marked down because of the similarities to the typical NG formula but it was still above 80 on average, so you are highly exaggerating with 'nowhere near'.

I really wouldnt bet against 360 games coming up trumps again based on the review score trends since the start of this generation.

Around the Network
shio said:
Sardauk said:
shio said:
2009 will easily be year of the PC. But PS3 might do a better challenge against X360.

The year of the PC ... I doubt it because everybody complains about the piracy of the PC users...

which doesn't stop PC from having an insane amount of quality games in 2009 and be more profitable than the entire console industry.

True about the quality... but how can you tell that pc market is more profitable than console one ?

Sources please ???

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

2007 was the year of the Wii
2008 is the year of the Wii
2009 will be the year of the Wii

I think i am seeing a trend here. Hmmm....

2008 year of the ps3? ... er... nah
2009year of the ps3?...... no
2010 year of the ps3?..... er.. no. i don't think so.
2011 year of the ps3?... what was it again? Oh.. yes. NO!
2012 year of the ps3...... could it be? Oh... NO. New gen out.
2013 year of the ps3?... wait!..... what about the 10 year plan?.... HELP!!!!!!
......etc.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Yes. 2008 was the year of the PS3. The user base grew. The gap with 360 was cut. The best exclusive of this generation was released. 360 had nothing but Lost Odyssey and Ninja Gaiden (which was run over by MGS4) to throw back for like the first two months.

Around the Network

yeah its 09, or mabe 10, no its def 2011....that will be the year

all years is wii years OK !!!!! maiby in 50 years is the year from the ps3

perpride said:
Yes. 2008 was the year of the PS3. The user base grew. The gap with 360 was cut. The best exclusive of this generation was released. 360 had nothing but Lost Odyssey and Ninja Gaiden (which was run over by MGS4) to throw back for like the first two months.

LOL The userbase grew for all 3 consoles, what a stupid thing to say! How can you say MGS was the best exclusive this generation when some of the best games are yet to come/havn't even been announced yet?!

Take your fanboy goggles off seriously you look like an idiot posting all that ****

seece said:
perpride said:

LOL The userbase grew for all 3 consoles, what a stupid thing to say! How can you say MGS was the best exclusive this generation when some of the best games are yet to come/havn't even been announced yet?!

Take your fanboy goggles off seriously you look like an idiot posting all that ****

PS3 has sold better than 360 this year like 1.5 millions more and in its second year that's some good mension for ps3.

their game library has expanded, now it's not an excuse saying that it has no games.

Blu Ray is definetly the winner and movies are starting to sell well. that has been thanks to PS3.

home is near to be launched, and it has promesing things for years to come they had show us that 2008 is just the begining.

So I'd say that 2008 is the year of the begining of PS3

F.U. Fun University.

gera4390 said:
seece said:
perpride said:

PS3 has sold better than 360 this year like 1.5 millions more and in its second year that's some good mension for ps3.

their game library has expanded, now it's not an excuse saying that it has no games.

Blu Ray is definetly the winner and movies are starting to sell well. that has been thanks to PS3.

home is near to be launched, and it has promesing things for years to come they had show us that 2008 is just the begining.

So I'd say that 2008 is the year of the begining of PS3

You are now currently wrong... this week the 360 surpassed the PS3 isn WW numbers.... just as they did last year and the year before.  The gap hasn't closed at all.  From the launch of the PS3 to this week...

Console PS3 X360
Total