By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Teen Killed By Brother Over Video Game

IMO.
Punishment is a good way to instill common sense into kids' heads.
When I was a kid, I'd be scared of my teacher and avoid getting in trouble because I would get slapped. Punishment and abuse are totally different...

In this case, it was also the parents fault for not teaching their kid common sense. I never played with a knife when I was younger. I knew it was dangerous. (I did nearly burned down my house, though, but that's another story, lol)

Around the Network

I have to wonder what the game was. The only games that ever got me that worked up, were fighters. Had to stop playing Soul Caliber II with my mates - as we were ready to start punching each other out.

Bad parenting, but how bad is it that he actually went for a knife...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Wow, one time the didn't connect violence and videogames. How stupid can a child get? Brothers argue all the time and they get physical, but never to the point that it would endanger the other's life.. You still care for him, no matter how pissed you are. The boy must have pcychological troubles, it's ...unthinkable to say otherwise.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

what happend to good old fashion punching ??? me and my older brother used to wail on each other once and a while when we got on each others nerves to much but this sort of thing is insane... poor family

at least they didn´t go right at the aming industry, this could have just as well been about a bike or a tv program, having a brother to deal with all the time can be frustrating, but this kind or reaction is just terrifing