By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Others Numbers up!!!

@Stan 85
I can do that too: just wait for LBP, R2 MS pacific rift and Mirror's edge dlc exclusive. Oh and how is dlc helping console sales???

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
SpartanFX said:
kirby007 said:
ultimate_123 said:
Why are people just suddenly assuming that 360 sales are going to drop back to normal levels?

they don't think

oh no we are thinking,,,but that is what happened 3 months ago with the last price cut in the europe.it was high for 4 weeks and then it dropped back to normal(40K range)

we in holland say : In het verleden behaalde resultaten bieden geen garantie voor de toekomst

or in english : results in the past don't garanty for the future

=p  Uh  ...

the 360 is under tracked because they have that sale going in the UK and there is a 360 arcade for like 99 pounds and hte pro is freaking cheaper than the wii...or maybe that will be in weeks stats...either way 360 got next week also

konnichiwa said:
kirby007 said:
SpartanFX said:
kirby007 said:
ultimate_123 said:
Why are people just suddenly assuming that 360 sales are going to drop back to normal levels?

they don't think

oh no we are thinking,,,but that is what happened 3 months ago with the last price cut in the europe.it was high for 4 weeks and then it dropped back to normal(40K range)

we in holland say : In het verleden behaalde resultaten bieden geen garantie voor de toekomst

=p  Uh  ...

geen goede vertaling?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

konnichiwa said:
kirby007 said:
SpartanFX said:
kirby007 said:
ultimate_123 said:

they don't think

=p  Uh  ...

Doet me denken aan die tempo team reclame.

Rock band die kamer schoonmaakt: Is it alright?

Dude van tempo team: For this time i will let it see through the fingers.

LOL XD

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Around the Network

Next week I expect same type of sales for both the 360 and PS3 +/- 3K

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

Let's check past sales :

1st xbox360 price cut (THAT WAS MORE IMPORTANT BVIOUSLY !!!)

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=&reg1=Total+Other&cons2=PS3&reg2=Total+Other&cons3=X360&reg3=Total+Other&start=39509&end=39614

first week : little bump : 50k=>64k
second week : big bump : 64k=>95k
others weeks : 95k=>91k=>80k=>74k=>71k (then GTA4)

For the second price cut (right now)

first week : little bump : 46k=>59k
second week big bump : 59k=>97k
others weeks : 94k=>77k already !!! => ? => ? => ?

Time to Work !

LOL MATURE said:
Stan85 said:
Wait for Fable 2 and Gears 2,people... Also,do not forget about GTA4 episode 1 and Fallout 3 DL content. Banjo 3 for the casual market,offcourse. If you are saying that 360 will be overrun by the ps3 this Xmass with this much price difference and the software it dellivers,you are wrong.

I think everyone already has.

Marketing my friend...marketing. Both MS and Rockstar are putting a big advertise budget to promote the first DL content...and you can`t say that GTA4 didn`t sold very well.

@Kratos -> both consoles have exclusive games and exclusive DL content. I have not even mentioned about 360 Tomb Raider Underworld exclusive DL content,but have it your way. The point was that if you chouse a console,you pay the price of the console and have those exclusive games you want(multiplat not included). Some people will find those games you mentioned very interesting,and some will not. Some people will find the games that I mentioned interresting,while some will not.

It`s all about choice,my friend... Choice. With aggresive advertising and price,MS will make the 360 a much attractive choice.

Nice, PS3 Increase, 360 dropped,

DMeisterJ said:
Reasonable said:
Ms can't be happy with that price drop. They get a bump of interest then it wanes. At the price and with the same multi-plats, good exclusives and a bigger back catalog it should be selling well above PS3 considering that unless you really want BR as well it offers essentially the same as 360 for a much higher cost.

If 360 drops back below PS3 (which it looks like it will) I'll be really curious what MS do then as if they leave things as they are then 360 will definitely be third in Others. I know some are assuming the current economic situation will favour 360 (and it should) but the crunch is already on and 360 is really only a small amount above PS3 and trending down from the initial cut vs PS3 holding pretty steady.

They better hope the price cut holds better in Japan and especially the US as a three to four week bump that settles back isn't much for a pretty big drop in regular price.

If 360 does drop back then if I was Sony I'd seriously consider a very modest price cut before holidays in Others. The way its holding steady even a modest drop would likely generate a sustained increase in average weekly sales, which tied to new games and holiday season should drive strong sales.

Excellent post;

And agreed.

An extremely modest PS3 price cut after 360 falls back below it would really increase sales weekly, and effectively put the nail in the 360's coffin, at least in that territory.

agree.

Check out my game about moles ^