By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - amazing xbox360 sales!!! pricecut + good releases work

man I never thought I saw such great number from the xbox360 in japan.

It is FUCKING beating the ps3 for some weeks.... just WOOW

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

what!! its been only the 2nd week, no need to celebrate my friend in a few weeks time its business as usual so put your party costume back in the closet!!

megaman2 said:
what!! its been only the 2nd week, no need to celebrate my friend in a few weeks time its business as usual so put your party costume back in the closet!!

You're wrong.

The xbox 360 outsold the PS3 on the weeks ending:

27th September

20th September

13th September

9th August (2.5x as much as PS3)

So that's three weeks in a row, plus possibly this week.  And the overall trend since the beginning of the summer has been in favor of the 360.

[edit] Perhaps you aren't referring to Japan -- the original poster said, "in japan."  The 360 is beating the PS3 in America, Europe and Japan right now.

megaman2 said:

hmm I took a look for the first time in over a month at the numbers and me counts 3 weeks

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

megaman2 said:

hmm I took a look for the first time in over a month at the numbers and me counts 3 weeks

Around the Network

wow 360 won in 3 places at the same time! wow wow wow. has this ever been done by a HD console before????? o wait PS3 have done it many a time!

you might as well saviour this moment because it not going to happen again

oliminator1994 said:
wow 360 won in 3 places at the same time! wow wow wow. has this ever been done by a HD console before????? o wait PS3 have done it many a time!

you might as well saviour this moment because it not going to happen again

and a last gen console beats the ps3 by 4.5:1 so?

look we had a price cut in Na one week.....next week price cut in Japan + a Square-Enix JRPG....then the week after EU Price cut

all of these combined led to the PS3's defeat in these weeks

so 360 outselling PS3 for 3 weeks is no big deal really as those 3 weeks included price cuts & then the huge spikes in sales

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I think its hard for some folks to accept the fact that the 360 is still more than competing, in fact many thought it should have failed by now. But I think what we've seen so far is only the beginning. This Christmas is going to be massive for the 360 esp the arcade version.

darthdevidem01 said:
look we had a price cut in Na one week.....next week price cut in Japan + a Square-Enix JRPG....then the week after EU Price cut

all of these combined led to the PS3's defeat in these weeks

so 360 outselling PS3 for 3 weeks is no big deal really as those 3 weeks included price cuts & then the huge spikes in sales

dude xD no big deal?

i don't think you want too admit it but the xbox360 is stealing the market away from the ps3