By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Here we go again, Dow plunges

This really isn't the bottom yet...
I predict it will fall below 8500 in a few weeks

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
axumblade said:
I blame it on a lot of Americans don't feel they need to take responsibility and be held accountable for what they have done.

A few Americans are at fault for this -- significantly less than 1%.  I follow all of the rules and own a house I can afford which I pay for on time.  Do you blame me as well?

The people you should be blaming are investment companies creating subprime mortgage packages and selling them as insured (insurance-swap) when, in fact, they were not.  A few people made a lot of money doing that.

TheBigFatJ said:
Supernova82 said:
Bad economy means higher Wii sales and lower PS3 and X360 sales

Wouldn't the cheapest console (the Xbox 360) sell the most? It's cheapest world wide now.

Technically, the Xbox 360 Arcade is cheapest. But that is not the main model people seeking Xbox consoles want.

Also, the game prices are cheaper on the Wii - so it should help software sales and could make hardware thought to be a better value.

Either way, the biggest loser in an economic downturn appears to be Sony.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

TheBigFatJ said:
axumblade said:
I blame it on a lot of Americans don't feel they need to take responsibility and be held accountable for what they have done.

A few Americans are at fault for this -- significantly less than 1%.  I follow all of the rules and own a house I can afford which I pay for on time.  Do you blame me as well?

The people you should be blaming are investment companies creating subprime mortgage packages and selling them as insured (insurance-swap) when, in fact, they were not.  A few people made a lot of money doing that.

Those companies are to blame but so is anyone gullible enough to take credit to buy something they realistically can't afford...

Or anyone relying on credit/debt to get through the month in time of good economy, because if you have debts when things are good, what are you going to do when they get worse ????

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

On the bright side, oil is down again.
A very thin silver lining.
So the Dow drops when the bailout fails and then passes. Why?

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz
Around the Network
kirby007 said:

I predict it will go into negatives

_____

Humor aside how I want to ask the economists here a question:

How down can it go....can go uptil 0....what will it mean if it falles below 100 or even gets to like below 10??

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Is it really as bad as it looks? I mean, the plunge of today compared to what happened in the last weeks? Is it because it will get worse?

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

The planet is falling apart! Damn you Bill Gates! DAMN YOU!!!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

darthdevidem01 said:
kirby007 said:

I predict it will go into negatives

_____

Humor aside how I want to ask the economists here a question:

How down can it go....can go uptil 0....what will it mean if it falles below 100 or even gets to like below 10??

well that would mean all stocks combined togheter aren't worth shit

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Ugh now it has affected me aswell because one bank stocks price dropped so fucking hard around here. That I have even lost some money around 5.000 Euro to be exact X_X.