By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Here we go again, Dow plunges

fkusumot said:
HappySqurriel said:

I don't see how this could be a repudiation of libertarian economics

No. The heart of darkness was unregulated markets. Ask Alan Greenspan. He said so last week. I hear he used to be a Libertarian and a follower of Ayn Rand. Well, I used to be a Libertarian and a follower of Ayn Rand too so I guess that doesn't mean much.

Isn't that sort of like listening to a criminal blame their crime on the fact that there were too few policemen around?

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
fkusumot said:
HappySqurriel said:

I don't see how this could be a repudiation of libertarian economics

No. The heart of darkness was unregulated markets. Ask Alan Greenspan. He said so last week. I hear he used to be a Libertarian and a follower of Ayn Rand. Well, I used to be a Libertarian and a follower of Ayn Rand too so I guess that doesn't mean much.

Isn't that sort of like listening to a criminal blame their crime on the fact that there were too few policemen around?

You said it not me.

I hate to keep repeating this, but Japan is doing really, really badly. Their market hasn't been this low in 26 years. Most charts don't even go back that far to see the market so low as it is now.

FishyJoe said:

I hate to keep repeating this, but Japan is doing really, really badly. Their market hasn't been this low in 26 years. Most charts don't even go back that far to see the market so low as it is now.

So, do we believe this is a side-effect of the current global crisis or is this their own thing?

The BuShA owns all!

Vertigo-X said:
FishyJoe said:

So, do we believe this is a side-effect of the current global crisis or is this their own thing?

Both. They have done a horrible job with their economy AND the global market is compounding the problem.

Around the Network

Its up today as of right now =)

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)