By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Here we go again, Dow plunges

Commando said:
Wii budget System = FTW!!!

Sounds like a plan for a new stripped down Wii lol  budget system without the USB ports, internernal memory, wifi or GC controller ports, and will save on GC memory cards lol.  Sold for 150!

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

Well this bodes well for Indie devs and the XNA community games for the NXE.

FishyJoe said:
Seriously, there is some real panic going on in Japan. Sony is down 11% and Nintendo is down 10%. This may be worse than the Japan market crash of 2004.

The whole dang Nikkie 225 is down more than 9%.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

In Indonesia it was so bad they closed the market.

Nintendo stock dropped to 40...i just looked at it last week ~50.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Around the Network
halogamer1989 said:
Well this bodes well for Indie devs and the XNA community games for the NXE.

Not really, they will be the first to go if the recession starts affecting the gaming market...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

FishyJoe said:

The Asian markets are getting pummeled, especially Japan. The dropoff is even faster than 2004 although it still hasn't sunk that low yet. I don't know how the Japanese can accept such a bad stock market for so long.

Because the average Japanese Joe isn't as invested and dependant on the stock market as the average american ( due to 401k here).

Japanese have huge savings outside of the stock market ( yes savings, as a culture they tend to save a lot of money in non risky scheme).

One of the challenge to get the Japanese economy going the last 5 years or so ( internal growth has been quasi null and they even had recession) is to get Japanese customers to actually spend some of their savings...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Username2324 said:
Vertigo-X said:
So, do you guys believe the Democrats' accusations that the conservative Republicans are the ones at fault? I wonder if there ever was a 'Politics' game... o_0

Yes, unfortunately, this will have a bad effect on video game sales. I still think Wii will lead the pack, but only by a shadow of what it could be.

It's everyones fault, to try and put the blame on one person or group is childish.

Actually its not everyone's fault.  The current crash is the result of very risky trading based on an unstable sub-prime market and a whole lot of greed by a very small (compared to the population) number of people.

In the good old days most of those folks would be swinging from a lampost by now or under the guilotine when the majority lynched them for making themselves rich while screwing the country and imposing massive losses on the masses.

Luckily today they get to be bailed out and whine that it wasn't their fault there were no regulatory rules to prevent them doing what they did.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Dow Jones goes down 1000 points in the first two days of the week. lol. I guess the $840 billion dollar bailout has not worked.

How low will the Dow Jones fall before it starts to climb back up again?