By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If Gears of war 3 comes to ps3 will the first to also follow?

^^^
stof thats different, mario kart does not have a story line and every1 knows that there is no chance of mario and friends appearing on any other console then nintendo systems.
But it has been rumoured of gears 3 coming to ps3 (which i, as i have stated,believe it will not happen) but talking theoreticaly, i was wondering what people thought.

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT

Around the Network
stof said:
If the new Mario Kart comes to the PS3, will Super Mario Kart Wii be brought to the PS3 as well?

LOL!

good question!

I've never played Mario Kart, is there a back story?

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

s-grandi93 said:
^^^
stof thats different, mario kart does not have a story line and every1 knows that there is no chance of mario and friends appearing on any other console then nintendo systems.
But it has been rumoured of gears 3 coming to ps3 (which i, as i have stated,believe it will not happen) but talking theoreticaly, i was wondering what people thought.

that's kind of why I made the comparison. But alright. If we follow your exact reasoning, yes. If a game that has absolutely no chance of coming to the PS3 comes to the PS3, then there is no reason why any other game that has no chance of coming to the PS3 might not come to the PS3, which includes, but is not limited to, Gears of War 1 and 2.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Is there any basis whatsoever for the talk that Gears 3 would come to PS3?

na man, ive just heard it talked about and read crap on it (even though its just rumours.) i really would like it to come to ps3

Sorry. I'm being harsh.

Perhaps your theoretical would be better framed in a broader sense without your stated example.

for instance "If a future iteration of a story dependent game shifts consoles, what is the likely hood that previous iterations might find themselves ported as well for the sake of a coherent story"

Would that be better?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
stof said:
s-grandi93 said:
^^^

that's kind of why I made the comparison. But alright. If we follow your exact reasoning, yes. If a game that has absolutely no chance of coming to the PS3 comes to the PS3, then there is no reason why any other game that has no chance of coming to the PS3 might not come to the PS3, which includes, but is not limited to, Gears of War 1 and 2.

i only wrote about gears because there are rumours of it coming (not very believable rumours), and i would like it to come to ps3 as i rekon its a great game franchise (finished number 1 with my mate, and am looking forward to snapping number 2)

Do you really need to know the story to appreciate Gears of War?

@stof
yea ur probably right lol.

@nitekrawler1285
yea u could still enjoy it but i rekon knowing the background and story on a game makes a better experience.

stof said:
If the new Mario Kart comes to the PS3, will Super Mario Kart Wii be brought to the PS3 as well?

Thank you for typing a response similar to the one that I would have.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger