By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - User creates working engine on Little Big Planet.

He must have optimized that engine a little more. I played around with the original and it probably couldn't make it over that hill in the video. I was thinking of ways to make it go faster, might be some way to make gears to transfer the power into faster movement perhaps. I'd love to get one working fast enough to do a loop. That would make my day.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
It's all about the physics!

This is cool, too (though non-physics related):

THIS GAME WILL BE CRAZY I LOVE FFX AND THAT WAS AWESOME CANT WAIT.

PLEASE KEEP THE VIDEOS COMING.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

makingmusic476 said:
finalsquall said:
makingmusic476 said:

That is F*kn awesome! I wonder if you could  have something rolling in the background as you play? That is hidden.

It's possible, I suppose, but it would take up two of your three available planes.

Though I suppose you could have a car or something going ABOVE the speakers, on the same plane.

I saw this the other night- 

One solution would be to suspend the trigger block from the ceiling. So instead of pushing it across the floor youd have it move across the level on a slider of some kind. Then you move the keys way to the top of the level (contained on a long platform way above the action).  Then you set a trigger at the begining of the level and the custom music would play as you play through your  level (without giving up a field of depth).  The sound of the block being pushed would also go away.

Other ideas- you could stack blocks on top of these ones with another instument to make a song with multiple instuments, or repeat it over and over so it plays on a loop? You could even put several layers of songs like this at the top of the platforming areas and have them triggered as you enter differnet parts of the level.

The potential of this game is off the hook. I see jobs emerging with artists and sound designers and engeneers colaboratiing on different parts of levels at some point.

Sony needs to lower their price and bundle this game ASAP. It's revolutionary.

makingmusic476 said:
finalsquall said:
makingmusic476 said:

That is F*kn awesome! I wonder if you could  have something rolling in the background as you play? That is hidden.

It's possible, I suppose, but it would take up two of your three available planes.

Though I suppose you could have a car or something going ABOVE the speakers, on the same plane.

Actually you could work it so that it'd only take up 1. Because in fact you have 4 in total, the background plane doesn't count as 1 of your three planes, and you can stick things on it (like the sound devices) :P

Check out my game about moles ^

Why not just move all the keys and a moving trigger key up above everything else?

Around the Network

That was the best LBP video i've ever seen , amazing !!. Imagine the educational purposes LBP could be used for .

Yes it will be huge.

Now that was very cool.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall