By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Comprehensive Console JRPG Thread.

naznatips said:
Khuutra said:
...Little King's Story is a JRPG? I thought it was more like a cross between Pikmin and Animal Crossing.

Phew. For a second I thought this was an "ALL RIGHT NO MORE THREADS ABOUT JRPGS IN GENERAL" thread, which would mean that I would have to commandeer this one for the Mother series.

It's SRPG + Sim + RTS.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0050.html

Please refer to panels 17-20.

Around the Network

Mistwalker has another one coming for 360 I think. Don't know the name.

Edit: You missed Monster Hunter. That's a big one :3

Blue Dragon 2 LO2, and Cry on for X360 but not pictures yet.

360 missing the Atlus SRPG's

Operation Darkness
Spectral Force 3
Zoids Assault

http://www.atlus.com/games.php?sortby=gamePlateform&plateformselection=XBOX+360

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Mistwalker has another one coming for 360 I think. Don't know the name.

Cry-On.  Unless we see something at TGS it's vaporware.  It was thier first announced game before anything else and yet we still haven't seen a single screen or scan on it.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
ecurbj said:
wow, JRPG's are finally arriving on the Wii...I didn't know the Wii has some many soon-to-be released JRPG's though. I overlooked that console. I thought the Xbox 360 and PS3 would be the JRPG whores this generation.

Wii has the most. Granted it also has some really bad ones like those that I chose not to list, but to make up for it also has some of the most original and unique entries in the genre to date.

Si, the Wii does have the most. And come to think of it, that is a awesome thing. Considering the console was being overlooked for the past couple of months regarding JRPG's. Since it's selling awesome, it deserves awesome JRPG support.

The only game that I thought you underrated and you should of listed was Dragon Quest Swords. I played a couple of minutes of that game. That game is underrated. It is every bit a good game to get regular gamers that never played a RPG into the mix. My little sister never was a RPG fan but after she played Dragon Quest Swords she just quickly began to continue and continue to want to play that game.

I liked it, it was for the casuals. The slashing and the blocking of the shield, everything was user-friendly. This game was not meant for the hardcore, that's exactly why it bombed.

Nice thread, loving the JRPG love, seems the Wii is going to end up like the DS and be RPG heaven before long, which it all makes sense when JRPGs are more niche titles, usually go for a more anime look, and want low production costs all of which go well with Wii.

I still can't wait to see more on FFXIII and Versus.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

gebx said:
360 missing the Atlus SRPG's

Operation Darkness
Spectral Force 3
Zoids Assault

http://www.atlus.com/games.php?sortby=gamePlateform&plateformselection=XBOX+360

Thanks, but given the not-so-mixed unanimously negative opinions about those 3 games I'm adding them at the bottom where the 3 really bad Wii games are.

Khuutra said:
...Little King's Story is a JRPG? I thought it was more like a cross between Pikmin and Animal Crossing.

Phew. For a second I thought this was an "ALL RIGHT NO MORE THREADS ABOUT JRPGS IN GENERAL" thread, which would mean that I would have to commandeer this one for the Mother series.

No the Mother series is mine, ALL MINEEEEE!!!   I've claimed it if there are any Mother games coming out on Wii it's going to be my thread =P

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Isn't there an RPG that Nintendo is publishing that was just announced at the conference? I forgot what it is called. Oh and are you going to count Wiiware, XBl, and PSN? Because I believe there is quite a few there as well. Anyway I like how the Jrpgs this generation aren't limited to one console. Either way though I'm having trouble enough with keeping up with all of the DS rpgs so this is also hard on me as well. I hope things slow down or I won't have a reason for next generation seeing how long all of these games will last me.