By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Disturbing trend

I was wondering if anyone else noticed a rather disturbing trend this gen.  And that is that publishers would rather pull a game than drop the price.  Example number one is Jeanne d'Arc getting pulled while still at full price and number two is Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles.  RE, we report, sold over one million copies and has been out for over a year.  I was thinking about getting it when it came down in price but now no place in town carries it anymore and I litterally bought the last copy of Jeanne d'Arc in town over the summer.

Around the Network

It could just be that the distributer or the vendor your using isn't restocking a cold product. As long as each copy garners a profit Capcom would continue to distribute a game while it had that kind of value.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

You're probably just having bad luck. Games are still dropping in price regularly around here (save for Nintendo games... ).

Alternatively, publishers might actually be listening to Nintendo now, and realizing that having predictable price drops just makes most of us wait a few months to buy the game. A bit of a bummer if true, but considering how no one listens to Nintendo, I'm guessing that ain't it.

@noname I'm hoping the make Ogre Battle for VC... ^_^ but square is stingy with it's titles.

anoying trend when ps3 sales go up microsoft pisses themself and acts then sony just sits by and does nothing like WTH sony! kick them in the nuts and release some awesome rememberable titles like ratchet!

Around the Network

Its not just my town though, I looked for RE on the best buy and walmart websites and they not only tell you about your town but surrounding towns and no one carries it. I looked before I bought Jeanne d'Arc and the only place that had it was a Hastings. I played RE at a friends house and it was a lot of fun but not worth $50 imo, figured when it hit $30 or $40 I would pick it up but that has never happened. I was going to list a couple other games that have disappeared instead of dropping price but I have forgotten.

Walmarts and Bestbuys purchase in bulk, what I said still applies, they probably just aren't resupplying on a cold product.

If the price dropped it might not be a cold product anymore.

cwbys21 said:
Its not just my town though, I looked for RE on the best buy and walmart websites and they not only tell you about your town but surrounding towns and no one carries it. I looked before I bought Jeanne d'Arc and the only place that had it was a Hastings. I played RE at a friends house and it was a lot of fun but not worth $50 imo, figured when it hit $30 or $40 I would pick it up but that has never happened. I was going to list a couple other games that have disappeared instead of dropping price but I have forgotten.

Might just be the places you're looking, then. Try the specialty game stores: they're more likely to carry older, non Greatest Hits titles than the big box stores. No promises, of course, but I'm pretty sure they'll have a copy someplace nearby.

And if not, there's always Ebay!

I agree but those vendors you mentioned purchase in bulk, so each purchase is a massive investment on a already known cold product.