By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Awesome interview up on www.kikizo.com tommorow

Yes, he needs to create a wiki page linking to all my AM2 interviews.

Huahuahuahuahua

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
noname2200 said:
You know what you gotta do now, right...?

Yes asking Fishie to make that wikipedia article.

No can do, I cant make a page linking to my own stuff.

I liked the part when talked about the popularity of Fighting games this day and Super Smash X.

But this is probably the most interesting question of whole the interview:

Kikizo: Will there be a home version of Virtua Fighter 5 R?

Osaki: Well, you know I'm not actually in the home department, but your interpreter over there is... how about you ask him? [laughs while interpreter shakes his head laughing as well]. I can't give a definite answer, but if we get a lot of requests from users, then it's definitely possible. We just don't know yet.

Great interview Fishie. Good questions without being combative or deferential. Keep up the good work!

Please discuss the interview here: http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=44340

Around the Network

I feel cheated in my guesses! Those hints were there to put everybody off the trail Fishie! I love virtua Fighter, but even I know it's not a billion dollar franchise like Halo and Pokemon. Virtua Fighter sells like crap nowadays.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:

I feel cheated in my guesses! Those hints were there to put everybody off the trail Fishie! I love virtua Fighter, but even I know it's not a billion dollar franchise like Halo and Pokemon. Virtua Fighter sells like crap nowadays.

Thats the thing, it IS a Billion Dollar franchise.

Its the game that launched VF.net and from that all.net.

An arcade network where both consumers as well as the arcades themselves pay Sega a monthly fee for the rankings, customisations, replays, live matches etcetera.

It brings in crazy money for Sega like WoW brings in crazy money for Blizzard every month.

Well I wonder what the Japanese spend the most of their money on though...On a new Pokemon game or on a afternoon VF5R in the arcade hall.

konnichiwa said:
Well I wonder what the Japanese spend the most of their money on though...On a new Pokemon game or on a afternoon VF5R in the arcade hall.

A pokemon game they buy and play for a hundred hours.

VF5R they pay 100yen for every credit, in adition to that they pay for acces to VF.net. If they decide not to pay for VF.net they pay another 100yen for a few minutes of customisation at one of the live terminals available at arcades where they can customise their ingame personas.

Its a weird mixture of the best versus fighting game ever and the need to feel different from the pack, mixed with the pitfalls of MMORPG`s.

If you havent witnessed the phenomenon in Japan it is hard to understand but it does have an insane draw to it.

Fishie said:
Onyxmeth said:

Thats the thing, it IS a Billion Dollar franchise.

Its the game that launched VF.net and from that all.net.

An arcade network where both consumers as well as the arcades themselves pay Sega a monthly fee for the rankings, customisations, replays, live matches etcetera.

It brings in crazy money for Sega like WoW brings in crazy money for Blizzard every month.

Ok I did not know that. I stand corrected. Do you have numbers on that business though because that might be something interesting to track one day.

@konnichiwa-Probably Pokemon considering the newest Diamond/Pearl expansion did like a million there in one week alone. If it weren't for Fishie mentioning the stategy Sega uses with arcades, I would also note that the money people put into arcade machines typically goes in the cabinet owner's pockets, not the publisher of the game.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.