By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - little big planet :there is something that makes me worry about it

deathcape said:
I never said it was...but the way they are used today was invented by nintendo..

the way Miis are used, motion sensing is used for the Wii and mario was to platformers..sorry..

that was invented by nintendo indeed..and then the copies start XD ^_^

Platformers existed before the NES was invented, and made by American companies. Nintendo is copying them.

Motion Control to manipulate something in a virtual space was invented decades ago. Nintendo is copying them.

Useing a fake representation of you in a game has been in use since the 1970s. Nintendo is copying them.

Poor poor copycats. BE ORIGINAL?

Now that that is out of the way, you are missing the point, LBP does not have these levels in the box, or these assets, they are being made by people playing the games.

Something Nintendo has yet to do to the same extent.

I guess someone is being original.

On topic, I dont think anything expect direct assets loaded into the game (ie, Music, art or logos) would be subject to copy right laws. Even if they were, then change a note or take out that picture of Mario and draw him yourself. You just made the level yourself and it is now safe as long as you dont try to make money off it.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

Around the Network
|_emmiwinks said:
deathcape said:
I never said it was...but the way they are used today was invented by nintendo..

the way Miis are used, motion sensing is used for the Wii and mario was to platformers..sorry..

that was invented by nintendo indeed..and then the copies start XD ^_^

Platformers existed before the NES was invented, and made by American companies. Nintendo is copying them.

Motion Control to manipulate something in a virtual space was invented decades ago. Nintendo is copying them.

Useing a fake representation of you in a game has been in use since the 1970s. Nintendo is copying them.

Poor poor copycats. BE ORIGINAL?

Now that that is out of the way, you are missing the point, LBP does not have these levels in the box, or these assets, they are being made by people playing the games.

Something Nintendo has yet to do to the same extent.

I guess someone is being original.

On topic, I dont think anything expect direct assets loaded into the game (ie, Music, art or logos) would be subject to copy right laws. Even if they were, then change a note or take out that picture of Mario and draw him yourself. You just made the level yourself and it is now safe as long as you dont try to make money off it.

lol I never said they did not exist..

I'm saying the way it's done with nintendo is different..and actually works compared to the other methods..

and as for people being original..I wasn't talking about LBP or sony..I was talking about the users..they should go and create some unique stages >_<''

wow..the amount of mis-understandings..

i played some amazing levels on LBP. people can come up with some crazy stuff to make.

PSN: B_U_L_L_D_O_G_G

XBL: BiggBully

Wii: 6629 9857 7201 4139

thekitchensink said:
GodofWine said:
Parody is exempt from copyright enforcement....perhaps a few levels names will need to be tweaked, but nothing more.

Exactly--it's the same reason that allows Mad Magazine to exist XD

But none of those Mad Magazine parodies used the actual names of the movies or people they were poking fun at.

Meamwhile, the Halo LBP level has a Halo logo. And the Mairo level uses original game music .

Thus, a level that makes you think it is Halo or Mario is one thing. A level that says it is Halo or Mario is something else. And the copyright owners could get upset at Sony for distributing some of these materials.

Of course, since I am not a lawyer, this is a lay person's opinion.

Also, as far as Nintendo, there are a lot of Mario Flash and Java games on the net -- so as long as the levels are not obscene, I doubt Nintendo will do too too much about it -- though I imagine they will claim  the IP on the music.

As far as Microsoft, I have no idea.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

if companies start doing something like they did with youtube

sue sony, if they managed a deal sony will take down levels.

i find it hard for them to take on the costumers.

but either way some good DLC will go down.

Around the Network

I really doubt they will be angry at free advertising.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.