By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - if you could live in any country, where would it be?

To say I am a little unhappy with my current government (and my future government as Obama will not help), would be an understatement.

If you could live anywhere, where would it be? I believe in personal freedoms, so a government that meets those requirements would be great. One that's like the US used to be would be great. Any recommendations? :)

Around the Network

Austrailia

If not Canada, the Netherlands EDIT maybe Iceland too.

I hear that Angola is lovely.

Canada and most of Europe have more freedom than the U.S. if you're talking about personal freedoms, but I think you care more about financial freedoms than a lot of people, so I don't know where to recommend.

Around the Network

China...

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Canada and most of Europe have more freedom than the U.S. if you're talking about personal freedoms, but I think you care more about financial freedoms than a lot of people, so I don't know where to recommend.

being I am required to work for my money, the more of my money (time) you take, the more of my personal freedom you take.

So to me, taking money from me that goes to programs I can not take advantage of, is taking personal freedoms.

I will look into Australia :)

USA!

If that's the kind of freedom you're looking for, look into Russia. It has a ridiculously low income tax.

If it's social freedom (where people don't care who or what you are) come to Canada.

Petoria!

That or Svalbard. It's a region of Norway right?

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.