By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Resistance 1 SOLD only 1 Million, GEOW2 to sell 8 Million -- GT Bonus Round

I understand where the "hate" comes from, but World at War is probably the most "fail-proof" Treyarch COD ever made. COD4 singleplayer was not that great anyway, and they're using the same engine with a lot of perks from COD4, unless they screw up with the maps and come out with a HORRIBLE sp it should be a great console FPS.

that said, I'll skip it because COD4 is enough as a console port (a lot of patches and still HORRIBLE filters) and I question the "awesomeness" of infinite respawn over better AI effort.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Around the Network

It's obvious they meant US figures for Resistance. Look here...

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3158204

"According to NPD, Insomniac's Resistance: Fall of Man sold 500K units through February"

Of 2007. So we also know Japan numbers = 130k or so. So this means by February of 2007, Resistance sold 630,000 copies. Without the launch in Europe. In May of 07, Sony stated that Resistance sold 600,000 copies in Europe. So by May of 2007, we can assume that Resistance sold at least 1.3 million copies without bundles.

You are going to take something someone said in a podcast as gospel? Now just either find more sources Resistance 1 sold only 1mil or don't listen to some dude.

I think Gears is gonna sell 6-7mil also.

they are talking only america of course. im sure it was much closer worldwide. didnt resistance launch with virtually no ps3 users? now theres 16 million of them, so im sure things will be different. these noobs are going to be surprised.

Am I the only one who notices that Pachter only ever uses NPD data for the US when he is talking about sales?

OMG he is being fairly accurate saying that Resistance only sold 1 Million units when we have it listed at 1.25 Million for the total American region!

Around the Network

@Happy Squirel

for tha last time PACHTER DIDN'T SAY THAT about RES 1....it was the other guy!

Pachters statement was GEOW 1 sold 5.5. million....so GEOW 2 should sell 8 million

5.5 million isn't NPD NA sales...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey