By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Resistance 1 SOLD only 1 Million, GEOW2 to sell 8 Million -- GT Bonus Round

darthdevidem01 said:
Zucas said:
Haha its pretty obvious. I mean from watching it was pretty one sided so why wouldn't the sales comparison be bias as well. Obvious its Gears of War WW sales and only USA sales of Resistance 1. It not only makes logical sense but its probably the fact. Ya know that thing in your head is good for reason so try and use it every now and then guys.

Zucas....if you regularly listen to podcasts then you will see that he probably believed those sales were worldwide.

On Gamespot'sHotspot podcast they said MGS4 wouldn't sell over a Million WW as only 1 PS3 game has sold over 1 million WW....thats GTA4. In NA they thought no PS3 game crossed 500K.

& many other websites still sadly state sales expectations that are based on what 07 & 06 were for PS3. Just like how early PS3 predictions were based on PS2's success.

1up is improved relatively....mostly due to shane though who is a PS3 fanboy....so he like adds some true facts/

Well people need to get on the ball and start understanding a few things.  People always caught up in biases and false claims.  No one thinks for themselves anymore I suppose.  I mean even without VGC you could pretty much figure out that Resi 1 had to have sold more than a million.

Around the Network

That Jeff Gerstman has a good point. Sony is really putting a lot more effort in PSN games compared to MS. (Not that I am saying Xbox live arcade games suck..I would be a bad liar then considering how much I love CC).

Mummelmann said:
There should be a Pachter game; "Lost Marbles" if he thinks Lost Planet is one of the best 360 exclusives. Or, hell, if he simply thinks it is exclusive anymore (does the man not read gaming press anymore?).
LP was shit on both 360 and PS3 tbh.
His other statements; I agree that GeoW 2 will sell 8 million, I even think it could be a tad low!

Hey, I enjoyed Lost Planet on the XBox360.  The PS3 version is a mess though with terrible framerate problems.

And I hate gaming journalists.  If you can call them "journalists."

Patcher is not a gamejournalist though...he is a Analyst (makes it even worse);

konnichiwa said:
Patcher is not a gamejournalist though...he is a Analyst (makes it even worse);

I know.  I'm just making a general statement that I hate gaming journalists.  Probably the most unprofessional profession in the history of professions.

Around the Network

I actually have more respect for Pachter than most other analysts. He actually takes time to read about stuff in forums such as VGChartz. He also puts himself out there rather than most others that never give interviews. His track record actually isn't that bad when compared against a lot of the other analysts.

360 fanboys, minus michael, discussing what game is better. Left4Dead is a much better game then the others by far. Far Cry 2 is going to be good? the first one was plain bad.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Can somebody find shipped numbers for R:FOM, cuz if they are available, that means that not only is this guy a moron, but this guy doesn't even look for facts before talking about a topic.

SnakeEyez said:
Can somebody find shipped numbers for R:FOM, cuz if they are available, that means that not only is this guy a moron, but this guy doesn't even look for facts before talking about a topic.

youd have to find financials from insomniac... but private companies dont need to release that info do they?

sony handled the publishing though so they might have announced shipped figures