By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit Visuals: Umm.... Damn!

http://kotaku.com/5059191/getting-a-look-at-the-conduits-visuals

Just watch the video.

While these graphics are hardly Gears of War quality, it's leagues above anything I've seen on the Wii before (Although the water at the end looked kinda bad)

I think that this game is going to change the landscape of Wii third parties drastically, as it'll be harder to get away with PS2-era graphics. Also, I don't think ordinary consumers on a SD-television will be able to tell the difference between this and 360/PS3 level graphics.

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption

Around the Network

My PS3 can't handle those graphics.

I'm serious Sony needs to do a flash player 8 upgrade and asap.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

I'm going to say what I say in each one of these threads.

It looks good... for a Wii game.

I don't understand what people want from these threads... People constantly talk about "Gameplay > Graphics" yet post pics/videos from this game ad nauseum. Then people tell them the game looks good, for being on the Wii, and they're trolls or something else like that.

The game looks good for a non-HD game. And there are plenty of games out there that put that to shame. Most of the games that put it to shame are PS360 games, and a few Nintendo made Wii games, but still, there are games that look so much better than that.

I should stress again, that the game does look extremely nice though. ^_^

DMeisterJ said:

I don't understand what people want from these threads... People constantly talk about "Gameplay > Graphics" yet post pics/videos from this game ad nauseum. Then people tell them the game looks good, for being on the Wii, and they're trolls or something else like that.

The game looks good for a non-HD game. And there are plenty of games out there that put that to shame. Most of the games that put it to shame are PS360 games, and a few Nintendo made Wii games, but still, there are games that look so much better than that.

Relevance?

It's like going into a Resistance 2 thread just to say "Well Crysis looks better".

I think that second comment on Kotaku explains it all:

It looks good! The only problem with that is it reveals just how rubbish most other Wii games look.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:

Just because they value gameplay more than graphics doesn't mean they can't appreciate graphics.  They're definitely not as pretty as screens from an HD console game, but they're still nice.  It's kinda like an S2000, Z4, or Porsche Boxter.  They're not top of the line in terms of power, and owners talk about how great the "driving experience" is.  Although they value the way the car makes them feel more than raw horsepower, they're still very capable of appreciating a powerful engine.

It looks like a good effort from a company that 1 year ago was making games like "Billy and Mandy" and "Go Diego Go!"

SeriousWB said:
DMeisterJ said:

Relevance?

It's like going into a Resistance 2 thread just to say "Well Crysis looks better".

Well, not many PS3 owners would put Resistance and Crysis on the same level, graphic-wise.  But many Wii owners did (and still currently do) put Conduit on PS360 levels graphics-wise.

There was a whole thread dedicated to it when it was first announced. 

Seems pretty relevant to me.

@ tarheel

Agreed.

The thing is that "graphics" don't matter is not a literal phrase. The real meaning is "having the highest graphical horsepower doesn't matter".

Gears, CoD4, and Resistance look great, but even without all those advanced graphics, they have great art direction, and a lot of effort to make those.

It's the willingness to at least try with the Wii that a lot of us were asking for. Even the DS is getting effort. See Dimentium The Ward.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

in before the killzone screens....